DWF Viewer

Reply
*Bob
Message 1 of 5 (99 Views)

API Wish

99 Views, 4 Replies
03-04-2003 12:38 AM
The API in 3.1 is looking good!

Can we get the ability to add text and merge dwf in the next version?

Thanks,

Bob
*Autodesk\
Message 2 of 5 (99 Views)

Re: API Wish

03-04-2003 01:55 AM in reply to: *Bob
Thanks for the feedback. The Express Viewer is intended to be a pure
viewer, and as such is slated to remain read-only. No authoring-type
functionality like you describe is planned for the free viewer at this time.
Merging dwfs can be done offline using a sample app provided in the DWF 6
toolkit.

"Bob" wrote in message
news:EC3AA0E7A9102C31B5864D6BB14A3312@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> The API in 3.1 is looking good!
>
> Can we get the ability to add text and merge dwf in the next version?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob
>
>
*Bob
Message 3 of 5 (99 Views)

Re:

03-04-2003 02:00 AM in reply to: *Bob
Thanks for your quick response.

I was thinking of merging two dwfs and not saving the result, so the actual
files wouldn't change. I use mergedwf in Whip! now.

Do I need to know C++ to use the sample in the toolkit? I only know VB.



"Jeffrey Klug (Autodesk)" wrote in
message news:68D7AAB982312DD8189F75E151DEC6E1@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Thanks for the feedback. The Express Viewer is intended to be a pure
> viewer, and as such is slated to remain read-only. No authoring-type
> functionality like you describe is planned for the free viewer at this
time.
> Merging dwfs can be done offline using a sample app provided in the DWF 6
> toolkit.
>
> "Bob" wrote in message
> news:EC3AA0E7A9102C31B5864D6BB14A3312@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > The API in 3.1 is looking good!
> >
> > Can we get the ability to add text and merge dwf in the next version?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Bob
> >
> >
>
>
*Autodesk\
Message 4 of 5 (99 Views)

Re:

03-04-2003 02:33 AM in reply to: *Bob
The sample should build and you should be able to use it via the command
line. If you want it to work from within VB, then you'll either have to
shell out to a system call, or create a C++ COM wrapper around it.


"Bob" wrote in message
news:0079D4FD60FB1AAEF66DAF5BD9CA708C@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Thanks for your quick response.
>
> I was thinking of merging two dwfs and not saving the result, so the
actual
> files wouldn't change. I use mergedwf in Whip! now.
>
> Do I need to know C++ to use the sample in the toolkit? I only know VB.
>
>
>
> "Jeffrey Klug (Autodesk)" wrote in
> message news:68D7AAB982312DD8189F75E151DEC6E1@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > Thanks for the feedback. The Express Viewer is intended to be a pure
> > viewer, and as such is slated to remain read-only. No authoring-type
> > functionality like you describe is planned for the free viewer at this
> time.
> > Merging dwfs can be done offline using a sample app provided in the DWF
6
> > toolkit.
> >
> > "Bob" wrote in message
> > news:EC3AA0E7A9102C31B5864D6BB14A3312@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > The API in 3.1 is looking good!
> > >
> > > Can we get the ability to add text and merge dwf in the next version?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Bob
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
*Bob
Message 5 of 5 (99 Views)

Re: API Wish

03-10-2003 09:54 PM in reply to: *Bob
One more "wish" item. This has been mentioned before, and I think it is
really important so here it is again.

The "SimplePrint" method is a life saver for me. However, it needs one more
parameter; the ability to set the print orientation.

I can't think of one of my users who wants their drawing print to be
portrait; they want a drawing to print landscape. The problem is they have
their printer orientation set to portrait and they don't want to have to set
it to landscape to print a dwf, and then set it back to portrait for their
other applications.

I notice that when the standard View Express print dialog box is invoked, it
automatically sets the print orientation to landscape.

Please, please add this parameter to the SimplePrint method.

Bob
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!