Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API Documentation for EModelViewer interface

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
LeonidSPb
515 Views, 5 Replies

API Documentation for EModelViewer interface

I'm using ExpressViewer ActiveX to view dwf files created in Inventor. This files can be viewed in version 5.
The problem is that ActiveX uses EModelViewer.IAdEModelViewer interface to render it.
This interface is not described in Help file.

Does anyone know where to get docs?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: LeonidSPb

I've been asking that question on this newsgroup since version 5 was released. No one responds. "LeonidSPb" wrote in message news:19930578.1096280675035.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I'm using ExpressViewer ActiveX to view dwf files created in Inventor. This files can be viewed in version 5. > The problem is that ActiveX uses EModelViewer.IAdEModelViewer interface to render it. > This interface is not described in Help file. > > Does anyone know where to get docs?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

The API for the 3D stuff is not public at present. Rather than publicize an API that is certainly going to change in the next release (which would cause undue pain for users), we are holding it back for now. "Bob" wrote in message news:41582c38_3@newsprd01... > I've been asking that question on this newsgroup since version 5 was > released. > > No one responds. > > > "LeonidSPb" wrote in message > news:19930578.1096280675035.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > I'm using ExpressViewer ActiveX to view dwf files created in Inventor. > This files can be viewed in version 5. > > The problem is that ActiveX uses EModelViewer.IAdEModelViewer interface to > render it. > > This interface is not described in Help file. > > > > Does anyone know where to get docs? > >
Message 4 of 6
LeonidSPb

Ok.
And when approximately the next release will be published?

Jeffrey, may be you can help us with one issue please.
(This question was already asked here)
How to select object on model?

IAdModelViewer.SelectInstance is not working.
IAdEModelInstanceTreeNode.Selection is read only
IAdModelViewer.ExecuteCommandEx("SELECT", IAdEModelInstance.ID) is not working.

Thanks in advance.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

It's taboo for software developers to discuss timetables, so I cannot help there. As stated the API is not public at present, so anything that I helped you fix in your code right now would be broken as soon as the next release comes out. We do not want to support an interim 3D API, we want to provide an API that is robust and useful. I wish I could be more helpful. "LeonidSPb" wrote in message news:17273946.1096365632109.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Ok. > And when approximately the next release will be published? > > Jeffrey, may be you can help us with one issue please. > (This question was already asked here) > How to select object on model? > > IAdModelViewer.SelectInstance is not working. > IAdEModelInstanceTreeNode.Selection is read only > IAdModelViewer.ExecuteCommandEx("SELECT", IAdEModelInstance.ID) is not working. > > Thanks in advance.
Message 6 of 6
LeonidSPb

It doesn't matter that the next release will require complete redevelopment of my code. I'm ready for it.
The problem is that our customers need to have such option (selecting object) right now. They can freeze the current version of Viewer and use it as long as they like.
If I don't show them the working code very soon, they will refuse to use dwf files and may be will choose other 3D software then Autodesk one.

Jeffry, please ask your managers if they allow you to help me. This will lead to selling of many copies of Autodesk Inventor.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report