DWF Viewer

DWF Viewer

wilkinsonam
Message 1 of 2 (493 Views)

ADR Fails to Install with Error 0x634

493 Views, 1 Replies
04-28-2010 02:19 PM
I am having a problem getting ADR to install on Windows 7 64-bit. The .exe installer throws error 0x643, and the .msi installer claims I need Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 installed. This was already installed, but I have repaired it, uninstalled it, and reinstalled it, complete with reboots, to no effect. I also followed your procedure below for ensuring that ADR is completely removed; I only had something to delete at two of the steps.

Note that this is NOT the problem where an older version does not completely uninstall.

I've attached the MSI log from my latest attempt.

Thanks for your help!
wilkinsonam
Message 2 of 2 (493 Views)

Re: ADR Fails to Install with Error 0x634

04-29-2010 07:59 AM in reply to: wilkinsonam
I was able to get this to install, after uninstalling all versions of the Visual C++ Runtime, including the 2005 versions, and then using the .exe installer. It successfully installed three versions of the Visual C++ Runtime, and then itself.

It seems to me like the C++ Runtime detection in the .msi might be broken?
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.