Did you mean: 

WORLD UCS ROTATED TO LOCAL UCS

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
933 Views, 5 Replies

WORLD UCS ROTATED TO LOCAL UCS

Hi.

If I have a map.dwg that is far away from the zero i Autocad, is it possible to rotate it and move it near the zero and still retain the "real" coordinates?

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: Anonymous

You can rotate your view with Viewmanager and control UCS with UCSmanager without moving any entities.

Tho the Coordinates will be the same.

Sorry for the short answer, havn't got time to evaluate, just saying that its possible what your looking for.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 3 of 6
Kent1Cooper

JovanceStosicPE wrote:

If I have a map.dwg that is far away from the zero i Autocad, is it possible to rotate it and move it near the zero and still retain the "real" coordinates?

You don't say why you want things closer to the origin, but one reason might be that in Hatch patterns with non-orthogonal elements defined with decimal-place values, even taken out to a fair number of decimal places, alignment of the elements can "drift" as you get far from the origin.  If that's the issue, you don't need to move anything or change the coordinate system origin.  You can just change the SNAPBASE System Variable to a location in the middle of the drawing's area.  As for the angle, you can change the SNAPANGLE System Variable, and/or rotate the View, which will keep everything's "real" coordinates, but may have interesting effects on drawing procedures.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Hello.

It is easier to handle a drawing if things are near the zero and rotated.

This is why I wonder

Jovance Stosic

tel. +46(0)767 72 97 77

jovance.stosic@portengineering.se

Port Engineering G?teborg AB

Kaserntorget 1, 411 18 G?teborg

www.portengineering.se
Message 5 of 6
jggerth

if its' a map, never move the objects or rotate them   Instead set up a UCS that has an origin and rotation better suited to what you are doing.  Then you can toggle between the WCS with real-world coordinates and directions, and a User coordinate system that fits the job.

Usually, to accomplish that, I'll create a viewport in a layout, use DVIEW TWIST to rotate my view as needed, and then define a UCS based on that view.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Hi.

Thanks. I will try it

Jovance Stosic

tel. +46(0)767 72 97 77

jovance.stosic@portengineering.se

Port Engineering G?teborg AB

Kaserntorget 1, 411 18 G?teborg

www.portengineering.se

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost