subtract solid reappears when i want to edit main solid

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
westhab
296 Views, 3 Replies

subtract solid reappears when i want to edit main solid

Hello

I have edited a solid by creating another solid to SUBTRACT from the main solid. This worked fine and the main solid looked good. But when I wanted to further edit the main solid by trying to access points or edges the solid I created to make the subtract reappears as a ghost type image and I cannot make my edits to the main solid.  Can I delete the subtract soild completly so I can make furtuer edits to my main solid?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: westhab

I would hope you could use object-selection cycling to get the one you want.  But on the subtract-completely question....

I'm in an older version where I am at the moment, and Subtracting does remove the subtracted Solid(s) completely, regardless.  But it could be that in newer versions that's an option.  If it's the same option as whether an object such as a Polyline or Circle is deleted when it's Extruded, that's in the DELOBJ System Variable.  If that's set to 0, maybe setting it to 1 will do it for you.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 4
westhab
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Kent

Thanks for the advice.  However on further research I discovered that my SOLIDHIST system variable was set to 1 although the default was supposed to be 0. 0 deletes the history of solids.  I tried new work with the setting at 0 and the result was positive.

Thanks again for taking interest in my problem. I'll look into my DELOBJ SV as well.

Ron

Message 4 of 4
nestly2
in reply to: westhab

More...

SOLIDHIST

SHOWHIST

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost