Line type issue - z-value changes line appearance

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
555 Views, 3 Replies

Line type issue - z-value changes line appearance

Hi

I am having a problem with my fence line. Basically the z values on either end of the line change the appearance of the line itself. See pic below. Both lines have the same horizontal distance, but one line has a z-value of 0 at both ends, and the other has a z-value of 0 and 100 at either end. I want my fence line to look like the one on the left no matter what the z-value of the line.

Capture.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
nestly2
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk forums.

I believe what you are experiencing is because you're viewing the line at an angle.  The same thing happens when you view a ruled piece of paper at an angle.  The lines spacing remains consistent, but they "appear" to become closer together as viewing angle increases.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Hi nestly2 (*Expert Elite*)

Thankyou for your response. Very good answer, but is there a way around it without changing z-values?

Kind Regards,

Chad Hearne | Survey Manager
AdvDip Engineering and Mine Surveying
Xcel Surveying
Mobile: 0405 974 954
Email: chadh@xcelsurveying.com.au
Web: www.xcelsurveying.com.au
[cid:image002.jpg@01CFD81A.E34E42E0][Description: Description: C:\Users\SVS\Documents\Business\Website Details\Update August 2012\QColor.gif]

Disclaimer:

This e-mail message is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive the confidential information it may contain. E-mail messages to clients of Xcel Surveying may contain information that is confidential and legally privileged. Please do not read, copy, forward, or store this message unless you are an intended recipient of it. If you have received this message in error, please forward it to the sender and delete it completely from your computer system.
Message 4 of 4
nestly2

In Modelspace, I think you'd have to "fake" it by multiplying the LTSCALE for the object by the secant of the angle from the XY plane.  This still isn't a perfect solution as the diagonal slashes in the linetype will still display increasingly skewed as the angle from XY plane increases

Inside a Viewport with PSLTSCALE=1, the spacing should automatically adjust itself, but you'll still experience the skewing of linetype features (slashes)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost