Drafting Techniques

Drafting Techniques

Valued Contributor
Gordon_S
Message 1 of 3 (130 Views)

Insert another image from the Tab?

130 Views, 2 Replies
08-15-2012 02:21 AM

I tend to use CLASSICIMAGE for external refrences and images that are inserted.

I wanted to insert another copy of a specific bmp or jpeg the other day but was unable to find the original to copy it as it was a very busy and crowded drawing.

I opened CLASSICIMAGE and identified the specific image I wanted to add another copy of, but couldnt's see how to do so from the tab or even right clicking the name of the image. The option to open simply gives a graphic view of the image as an overlay.

Anyone got any ideas how to achieve this?

*Expert Elite*
JGerth
Message 2 of 3 (122 Views)

Re: Insert another image from the Tab?

08-15-2012 11:24 AM in reply to: Gordon_S

the classic image dialog shows the path, but all I needed to do to duplicate the image was highlight it, and hit the Attach button.

Valued Contributor
Gordon_S
Message 3 of 3 (117 Views)

Re: Insert another image from the Tab?

08-15-2012 02:04 PM in reply to: JGerth

Brill. Thanks for telling me what may be obvious to someout there - but despite having used Acad for almost 20 years, I didn't have a clue how to do that one!

Gordon

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.