bgerold
Message 1 of 6 (465 Views)
Accepted Solution

edit hatch of xref

465 Views, 5 Replies
09-26-2011 02:24 AM

Hi,

I'm new here.

I'm looking for a smart solution to edit hatches of xrefs. 

So this is what I want to do: while my colleagues are working on some plans, I need to print out a set of these plans with all hatches solid black. It' s not possible for me to go in the originals files to change the hatches. I have a file set up for print with all the plans placed as xrefs (layout in paperspace). Is there any way to edit these hatches without binding the xref? We're using autocad 2012 for mac and all quite new to autocad, help is very much appreciated.

Thank you for your help.

christian

solved! changing all hatch types in the original drawing to background color 255 (white) and then set that color in the my plot styles to print as black. Thanks very much for your help!

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 2 of 6 (461 Views)

Re: edit hatch of xref

09-26-2011 05:52 AM in reply to: bgerold

Its not possible to open and print a file that is open on another system regardless; Correct?

Printing the Hatches solid black may be a Style Dependent plot options perhaps?

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
*Expert Elite*
JGerth
Message 3 of 6 (457 Views)

09-26-2011 08:01 AM in reply to: bgerold

use Express Tools to Copy Nested Objects, and use 0,0 as both base point and destination point.  Then just edit the copied hatches to use the Solid pattern.

delete when no longer needed.

Contributor
bgerold
Message 4 of 6 (451 Views)

09-26-2011 10:00 AM in reply to: JGerth

Thanks for the replies, 

copy nested object seam exaclty what I'm looking for but as far as I could find out ncopy doesn't exist in autocad for mac....

maybe there's a way to edit haches through the plot style settings? I'll have to look into that.

Contributor
bgerold
Message 5 of 6 (438 Views)

09-28-2011 01:24 AM in reply to: bgerold

So far no luck with the plot style settings changing all hatch to solid black. The fill style options applies only to solids, splines and 3-d faces. 

Contributor
bgerold
Message 6 of 6 (436 Views)

09-28-2011 01:58 AM in reply to: bgerold

solved! changing all hatch types in the original drawing to background color 255 (white) and then set that color in the my plot styles to print as black. Thanks very much for your help!

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!