Did you mean: 

Copy/Paste to/from clipboard

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
2996 Views, 7 Replies

Copy/Paste to/from clipboard

I use CAD 2013, in some drawings I can't copy/paste a particular block (or particular layout). I used Ctrl C & Ctrl V:

After doing Ctrl C & Ctrl V, all it pasred is what had been copy into clipboard previously. That indicate command Ctrl C not working & nothing beeing put into clipboard.

- for Block: In as same layout, I still can do copy/ paste most of things but for some blocks I can't. It happened for paricular blocks in a whole drawing.

- for a drawing layout in paper space, I can't do it for any viewport open in the same layout. But if I open new layout, I still can copy/ paste any viewport.

Is there any setting in layout to stop copy/paste viewports.

any help is appreciate

Regards

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you edit these problem blocks?
Can you explode them?
Can you WBLOCK these blocks out as their own drawings?
Are these blocks you created? Or "acquired"?
LIST these blocks, do they have cryptic names?

Does restarting AutoCAD fix it?

You have to dig deeper my friend: there is no such thing a "just a block", when it doesn't do what you want it's something else as well.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

My question is on conmmand Ctrl c/Ctrl v in copy into window clipboard.

I have attached the cad file for you to try.

Thank you for Prompt reply

Message 4 of 8
rkmcswain

@Anonymous wrote:

My question is on conmmand Ctrl c/Ctrl v in copy into window clipboard.

I have attached the cad file for you to try.

Thank you for Prompt reply

It works fine here (opened your file in C3D 2013 SP2)

But I have seen cases like you describe where CopyClip seemingly does not work.

Have you tried all the 'normal' steps like audit the drawing, restart the machine, insert the 'bad' drawing into a new empty one, etc.?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 8
pendean

You first have to identify the problem before you can fix it: you don;t duct tape your ceiling if it is dripping water, you go up to the roof and find out why it's leaking my friend.

Do the tests, as well as the other suggestions posted: I can copy/paste your FOR CONSTRUCTION note all day long in plain AutoCAD 2012/2013/2014 in both layouts and back into modelspace.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Of course I can wblock and re-insert back to the drawing, the funtion Copy/Paste to/from clipboard will work as normal.

I can even re-define the block to make it work. But my question remain on the command Copy/Paste to/from clipboard.The drawing has been audit without any error.

I wonder if there are some settings (or a system variable setting) to stop that command working.

Thank you for your help

Message 7 of 8
pendean

You wrote:
>>>.. Copy/Paste to/from clipboard will work as normal..<<<
>>>.. question remain on the command Copy/Paste to/from clipboard..<<

Sorry, I'm now confused. I drew other items in your file and COPY/PASTE only works with the items I clipped, not any previous items. Perhaps you can post a DWG sample with more than one object that do not work for you? There is no variable: clipping is failing for a reason, it's why you get the 'old' object when it happens.
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thank you for your help.

The problem is probably with the particular corrupted bloc, not by any setting.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost