Did you mean: 

Closed spline with given length

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
smbdelse
961 Views, 5 Replies

Closed spline with given length

Hi,

I'm trying to find a way of drawing closed splines of specific length. To better describe what I need: I want to draw a biathlon track. Measures of track are specified, but how to draw this using a spline? I know that I can set length of open spline, but what with closed loops? Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
PaulMunford
in reply to: smbdelse

Couldn't you draw it using lines and arcs? You can allways convert a Polyline to a spline later?

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Message 3 of 6
3wood
in reply to: PaulMunford

Spline can be converted into polyline as well.

Message 4 of 6
Kent1Cooper

@smbdelse wrote:

I'm trying to find a way of drawing closed splines of specific length. To better describe what I need: I want to draw a biathlon track. Measures of track are specified, but how to draw this using a spline? I know that I can set length of open spline, but what with closed loops? Any ideas?

Can you draw something of a shape you like, at any size, find its length, and scale the whole thing by the ratio of the desired length to the actual?

(command

"_.scale"

theSpline ; entity name

""

(vlax-curve-getStartPoint theSpline)

;; or some other definable base point, possibly middle of bounding box, or User-specified

(/

theDesiredLength

(vlax-curve-getDistAtParam theSpline (vlax-curve-getEndParam theSpline)); current total length

); /

); command

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 5 of 6
smbdelse
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

It's the best solution for now. PaulMunford, 3wood: it's not what I need. Imagine that as a loop tied from a cord of a specific length that I can compose on a plan like I need. Building track from separated lines, splines, polylines, arcs or whatever doesn't solve the problem, it still needs too much effort.

Message 6 of 6
PaulMunford

This sounds like a job for 2D geometric constraints 😉

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost