Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing UCS dimensions to match annotative scale

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
kdkays
852 Views, 1 Reply

Changing UCS dimensions to match annotative scale

'm lost. I've been trying to find out everywhere to how to scale the absolute(cursor)dimensions to match the annotative scale. When I'm trying to draw a line on this apt complex I'm drawing, it goes the literal 4" which is a few feet on the drawing that is set on the annotative scale of 1/4"=1'.

I need these dimensions to match.Smiley Happy

UCS ANNOTATIVE SCALE MATCH.JPG

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: kdkays

As I look at your screen I see you are in modelspace and your CANNOSCALE is set to 1/4" = 1'-0", and your geometry is literally measuring 7 1/4". Are you trying to draw to something smaller than 1:1 scale, and then overriding the dimension to read 29'? If so, that runs counter to the intent of the drawing system. If you are depicting something spaced at 29 feet, then draw it at 29 feet apart, not 7 1/4". The scaling is done on the layout tabs, by assigning a zoomscale to a viewport. After that, a dimension style can be created that is annotative -- in other words you can have multiple viewports at differing scales, and the dimension text and arrows etc. look to be the same size no matter what, and the dimensioning is done "on the fly" without having to change layers and dimension styles for each scale.

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost