Did you mean: 

Block with Snap to insertion point problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kostastomp
1604 Views, 2 Replies

Block with Snap to insertion point problem

Hello fellow AutoCADers

I have made a dynamic block, that includes only an attribute (no other geometry). The dynamic behavior has to do with moving it and scaling it.

However one the block is inserted in the drawing, I cannot snap to the insertion point of the block. And this is problem. I can only snap to the attrubute insertion point.

Take a look at it.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
kostastomp
in reply to: kostastomp

Could a moderator move it to the dynamic block section please?

It seems to be a more appropriate place there for my problem.
Thanks

Message 3 of 3
dmfrazier
in reply to: kostastomp

Assuming your issue is still unresolved, here's one possible solution:

Somewhere near the insertion point of the block, add some insignificant geometry (a point, a short line, an "X", for example) to the block and place it on a "no plot" layer (within the block definition).  (Some people like to use the defpoints layer for this, but any layer defined with the no plot property will do.)  To add versatility, place that "no plot" object so that one of its snap points (NOD, MID, END, for example) coincides with the block's insert point. 

With the block defined this way, you will be able to snap to the INS point of the block insert by clicking near the added object instead of the attribute, and if you normally keep NOD, MID, or END running, you can also snap to it using one of those Osnap options.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost