Autoscale attribute text

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
3074 Views, 15 Replies

Autoscale attribute text

Hey guys,

I currently ran into a problem that i hoped was easy to set. But after searching for 2 hours straight i didn't found what i wanted/needed.

The problem:

On my sectional drawings i need to add indications for the locations of drawingnumbers and detailnumbers. 

This is done with a block that holds 2 attributes, 1 for the drawing number and 1 for the detailnumber. they both are contained in a circle. (see attached dwg file)

Now i would like that of both the attributes the text automaticly scales down when it goes out of the circle. So the circle is kind of the boundary for the text. 

I was hoping this would be very easy to add but it seems it's a tougher nut to crack as i expected.

Please help me!

Patrick

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

Not possible.

There is not a Parameter that is tied to the length of the Text string that can be used to drive a Scale or other Action.

After two hours of searching you likely found that that is one of the Holy Grails of Dynamic Blocks. Many have asked for a Line to increase in length as the Test string increases. For the same reasons that cannot be done either.

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous

Charles_shade, that is a big bummer! I noticed that it is possible in normal blocks but not in dynamic blocks :-(. Well i already got an idea to cover up the problem i am facing now. I'll just sit and wait for a new autocad that has this holy grail implemented :-)!

Thanks for the fast reply! 

Message 4 of 16
Charles_Shade

Can you post an example of the Normal Block that I can see?

I've not seen that before.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous

Ofcourse i can charles, see the attached dwg.

Justification of the text need to be set to "fit", It is not an actual scale i must admit that. the more characters i use the smaller the width of the text gets. 

It is close to what i would like. But even this can't be done in a dynamic block :-(. It screws up my whole dynamic block..

Message 6 of 16
Charles_Shade

Thanks, I do seem to foget about Fit for Justification.

I remember now someone else using that to solve thier issue but not Dynamically.

Add that Fit does not wan to work inside the Dynamic environment. 

I believe this is the Thread that I was remembering. We seem to have gotten it to work.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Dynamic-Blocks/Attribute-Justification-FIT-option-doesn-t-work-anymore...

There are one or two more on the subject in the Dynamic Block Forum; that is linked in my signature below. Type Fit into the Search engine in that Forum and the several will pop up.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous

Hey Charles,

the fit option can be handyfull although i really would prefer an autoscale on text fit. The current fit option just changes the width of the text, what makes the text looks funny.. I prefer to have a balance between heigth and width. 

Well maybe i should see if it's possible with the creating of a LISP. Although i could use some courses in making LISP's, i am a technical engineer but don't know anything on that sorta stuff :P. 

I'll check the links you mentioned tonight @ home and see if i can get something arranged there to still get that dynamic blocks work like i want.

Message 8 of 16
Ajilal.Vijayan

The Block definition in the Problemblock.dwg , the Attribute text justification is Center,

I changed the text justification to Fit and its working.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous

Hey ajilal,

could you send the working dynamic block? As i just can't seem to get it working with fit justification. When i set it to fit it screws up my dynamic block..

Message 10 of 16
Ajilal.Vijayan

Please find the attached drawing.

I created a new block Dyn_Det_Blad_1.

Message 11 of 16
Charles_Shade

Let us know if the attached block above is working for you.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

You are magnificant! It works! 

But what did you do different from me... I made justification to fit, closed the dynamic block and used attsync. Nothing happens then to my block... text isnt fitted within the set boundery.

Message 13 of 16
Charles_Shade

Most often Attribs do not want to update after they have been created in the Dynamic Block.

And the worst part is you may have to go back and recreate the entire Block to get what you want the Attrib to do to do.

Changing Locked and apparantly Justification are two that get hung up

Message 14 of 16
Ajilal.Vijayan

Glad that helped.

First I also thought ATTSYNC will update the justification.

But it was not updating, so I inserted a new one.

Nothing different, you almost done everything.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

@Charles: I will definitly remember the fact attributes might not update within dynamic blocks for the future. 

@Ajilal: How simple solutions can be.. I never thought of recreating the attribute tag..  Also something to remeber for the future :-)!

Thanks to the both of you :-)!

Message 16 of 16
Leo_Gambini

Leo_Gambini_0-1675369134509.png

My block is a point, digit PTYPE,  set absolute to stop auto rezise icon point (my case)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost