Drafting Techniques

Drafting Techniques

Contributor
SCOTTLEVINE6990
Message 1 of 3 (247 Views)

Attributes in a drawing, drawing inserted as a block

247 Views, 2 Replies
01-08-2010 11:03 AM
I have a drawing that I insert as a block (attached) which has attributes. The objects inside this drawing are not a block, just separate objects with text and attributes. I am interested in arranging the order of the attributes when inserting into other drawings. If I make the objects/text/att's into a block then insert again I have to edit the block reference and then edit the block inside that to change the atts.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.
*Expert Elite*
GrantsPirate
Message 2 of 3 (247 Views)

Re: Attributes in a drawing, drawing inserted as a block

01-08-2010 12:24 PM in reply to: SCOTTLEVINE6990
In the file use the block command, pick a name other than the name of the drawing, select the attributes in the order you want them to show later, pick all the other objects.

Now use the wblock command, block option, point to the location you want this, use the same name as the block name. Done.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.
Valued Contributor
Rosebm
Message 3 of 3 (104 Views)

Re: Attributes in a drawing, drawing inserted as a block

08-23-2012 04:18 PM in reply to: GrantsPirate

In addition to COJonez,

REINSERT the new block and accept to override the old, then

Use the command ATTSYNC. This command will update your block but keep your attributes.

Let me know if this works for you.

Rose

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.