Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After importing 3D model from AutoCAD to 3dsMAX. Curves need adjusting.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Connect34
2249 Views, 6 Replies

After importing 3D model from AutoCAD to 3dsMAX. Curves need adjusting.

Hey what's up?

I'm noticing that if I create a cylinder in AutoCAD and import into 3dsMAX the curvature of the object is no longer smooth. I could use some help knowing how to fix thit. I've done some adjusting when importing through the settings, but it doesnt totaly fix it. I s there any way to mak e those curves totaly smooth after importing to max?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jggerth1
in reply to: Connect34

replace it with a cylinder in MAX?

Message 3 of 7
Connect34
in reply to: jggerth1

I thought o this, I know theres a way to modify the curve. I think filters might have something to do with it. I would like to find out how to make those curves smoother after importing. I guess I could make it in max if I had more knowledge with max. This is really the only action I haven't hbeen able to fuly understand.

Message 4 of 7
DINGUBOY

U USE FACETRES COMMAND AND SET THE VALUE IN 10. AFTER U ENTER THE REGEN COMMAND .TRY IT
Message 5 of 7
Connect34
in reply to: DINGUBOY

Interesting. I tried your suggestion, but it didnt seem to smooth any curves after I imported the object into MAX. I found that if you select the "smooth" modifier it actually helps alot. Thanx. 

Message 6 of 7
DINGUBOY

U TRY TWO METHOD :

1) AFTER SET FACETRES COMMAND EXPORT 3DSOUT COMMAND  AND IMPORT THE 3DSMAX IN 3DS FORMAT

2)3DSMAX IMPORT- FILELINK MANGER -USE LEAST VALUE FOR SURFACE SMOOTHER

Message 7 of 7
Connect34
in reply to: DINGUBOY

I tried these and it actually provides a smoother surface curve; however, if I have a hollow tube/pipe with a slight thickness to it, I can still see some angles in the curvature. For instance, the surface looks very smooth, but the top of the cylinder still has a bit of an angle.

1. Is there a way to perfect the cuvature completely during or after importing into Max?

2. Can I use your technique if I have an entire 3D-model in AutoCAD? ie: A square table with round legs

Thanx

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost