Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a few minor beefs/quirks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
was_saxman
406 Views, 5 Replies

a few minor beefs/quirks

Why is Mocoro's default option Exit?.....for me, I would say 80% of the time I Copy 1st, then MO and /or RO.....anyone know how to change?....

also for MOCORO....when copying or rotating, Enter takes me to the set of options but if I use Move enter = Exit?....arrghh

Why can't my QLeader settings be ACAD global rather than per dwg......I like 'em one way and dont' want/need them to change

Since for us, colour 8 is used a lot, why can it be included in the colour drop down box?..whay do I have to "Select a colour" to get it and there they are, the 1st 9 major/Standar ACAD colours....can Autodesk add 2 more lines in the drop down for #'s 8&9

Why in Properties, for Dimensions , is the Arrowhead dropdown choice not Alpha, or even arranged logically?..can these be re-arranged by the user?

Similarly, in the Hatch dialogue box.....under Seletc Layer...what is this mess?......can't this be Alpha....

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: was_saxman

1. it's neutral, works for everyone. My default is the copy/rotate, hardly ever move alone.
2. See above, since it's hard to them to guess what your other option may be.
3. QLEADER is part of the dimensioning, and they are not a system setting, just like text, layers and so on. Explore using ToolPalettes for these types of items to bring into new drawings.
4. Agree about stopping at 7, but that's a left over from the days of version1.x when that's all it offered.
5. No, you cannot rearrange them: they are arranged line the DIMSTYLE command tabs are, a more consistent design approach.
6. Close to the Hatch command pop-up.
Message 3 of 6
Charles_Shade

The only one that comes to mind that can be arranged are the Hatch Patterns.

Go into the Pattern File and move the various definitions to the order you wish to see them.

And make sure that all your Custom definitions are there so these can be placed in proper order as well.

Beware that Migration may be flawed on the next version. (I know - It is flawed anyway.)

One down...

QLEADER - Use a Template. Even if the Template is nothing more than a Blank file with a QLEADER definition. Set that DWT as the Default Template for QNEW when the Program starts.

Two down...

Message 4 of 6
nestly2

@was_saxman wrote:

Why can't my QLeader settings be ACAD global rather than per dwg......I like 'em one way and dont' want/need them to change

Since for us, colour 8 is used a lot, why can it be included in the colour drop down box?..whay do I have to "Select a colour" to get it and there they are, the 1st 9 major/Standar ACAD colours....can Autodesk add 2 more lines in the drop down for #'s 8&9

1) QLeaders settings are defined by the current Dimstyle. Add the Dimstyle to your template(s)

2) Apply a color override to any object in the drawing/template and that color will appear in the color drop down list

Message 5 of 6
was_saxman
in reply to: nestly2

thanks guys..all good ideas....I give them a try on Monday

Message 6 of 6
tbennett

You need COMORO or COROMO instead of MOCORO. Smiley Wink  By the way, I'm sure you can edit the lisp routine to change the order.  Look in the customizing area.  At least, it originally was a lisp routine before it was incorporated.

You really really should use templates.  I'm surprised that the worst gripe you have is with Qleader.  That way, you could even have color 8 and 9 in your list.

The arrowheads are probably arranged from common to less common.  It has its advantages, though I get what you are saying.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost