Community
3ds Max Design Visualization Workflows
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max design visualization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit to 3D Max - Managing nested links

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
michellem
549 Views, 1 Reply

Revit to 3D Max - Managing nested links

I am starting to use Revit to 3D max for renderings.  In revit, the structural model is linked in.  Can I unload nested links?

I don't want that file to linked in Max b/c

1. it makes the file much larger and

2. it's not updated to our architectural model, there are erroneous walls. They are using a wall type we also use in our model, so it's impossible to to select independently if I bring in all the objects grouped in any way (I've found having all the Revit objects that are the same material being a single object in max easiest to manage).

When I go to manage links I don't seem to see any nested links, just the main Revit file that's linked in.

Thanks for any tips!

michelle

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hello.  To better understand using Revit with 3ds Max please watch the 18 videos shown here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y5_aoPhuVQ&list=PLnKw1txyYzRmpEtsyTuBA4skzrpuLAp4G

The case that was opened with tech support will now be closed.  I will continue to follow up with you via this forum posting as needed.

Have a great weekend.

Best Regards,

Jonathan Matthews

Autodesk Frontline Technical Support.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report