Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nVidia Driver Crash Free Form Selection Tool on SVG import

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
bensbenz
980 Views, 7 Replies

nVidia Driver Crash Free Form Selection Tool on SVG import

Been working with SVG's a bunch over the past few days, I seem to be getting a repeatable driver crash when selecting parts of the SVG with the free form selection tool. I can usually select 1-2 times and then I get a pop up the nvidia driver has crashed at which point many things in fusion stop working, I have to save, close and re-launch fusion 360. I was using a month old driver, updated to the latest version and I get the same crash.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
yqliu
in reply to: bensbenz

Hi @bensbenz, there is no special thing to handle SVG in Fusion.  Are you using space mouse? If so, have you tried to select the curve not using space mouse and see if the problem happens? Did you see the same issue in other environment?

Richard

Message 3 of 8
bensbenz
in reply to: yqliu

I have a 3d spacenavigator but not the mouse, not sure if that's what you
mean. I have the same problem with selecting any part of a sketch with the
free selection tool, I just happen to have been working on sketches
composed mostly of svg imported items at the time.
Message 4 of 8
yqliu

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's related to the 3d spacenavigator. We will look at it and see if we can reproduce the issue.

Thanks,

Richard

Message 5 of 8
Tobias.N

Hi.
This happened to me to!
Was working on a svg file yesterday and switched to the free form selection tool and Nvidia kernel crashed when using it.
No space mouse here.
Message 6 of 8
Tobias.N

Tried a screencast for the first time. 🙂

When using the free form tool and selecting to the left it works. But when trying to the right it crashes.

File attached.

Message 7 of 8
bensbenz
in reply to: Tobias.N

You are right (correct)! I just confirmed the exact same thing. Selecting going in the left direction works, go right and it crashes. I have even tried disconnecting my space navigator and I have the same problem.

Message 8 of 8
yqliu
in reply to: Tobias.N

Thank you @Tobias.N, @bensbenz for letting us know your discovery. You are right, it's not related to space navigator. I can reproduce the issue in my side. I have logged a defect (internal ID is FUS-26749) and our development team will look at it as soon as possible.

Richard

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report