Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with solids!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
patrick.kinzley
230 Views, 3 Replies

help with solids!

Hi All,

I am sure this is very simple issue but I am wasting an inordinant amount of time and I hope you can help with only a little effort.  I have created the shared below model a very simplly drawn 2 x 2 point rectangle to create an extruded square shaft type of object.   I was able to draw the rectangles and extrude them which seemed to have created faces on the extruded sides.  I then used create face to make faces for the top and bottom.  For some reason I cannot complete the object and when I try to auto repair it does not work, I get the below error when trying to convert.  In the repair I do see that not all of my faces have 3 points at their verticies which they should and SOME do..  

Do I need to create a face for every side of the object even though the t splines appear to be faces?  It seems like it would take too much time to create the tsplines and then also the faces.  Dumb question... but do you have to do both?

Any help you can provide me would be appreciated.

http://a360.co/1NjH04I

T-Spline topology problem.  Use Modify - Utilities - Repair Body to remove error.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

What is it that you want to create ?

That will determine whether the T-Spline environment ins even the correct approach. For mechanical things the T-Spline environment may not be the best thing.

Peter Doering
Message 3 of 4

This is a part for a prototype that will need specific measurements for now i have kept it simple.  I shared the link for the project if you would like to see what it is I am trying to make.

thanks 

Patrick

Message 4 of 4

This does not look like T-Splines are needed. You should be fine using the solid modeling tools in the Model environment.

T-Splides are great for organic, smooth flowing shapes. Solid Modeling are more for technical/mechanical things. in Fusion you can combine these when needed.

Peter Doering

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report