Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extrude results in inverse but preview shows correct extrude

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
sinuswave
1852 Views, 14 Replies

Extrude results in inverse but preview shows correct extrude

Hi all,

I am quite new to 360. However I do have a problem extruding a sketch. I can select the area I want to extrude. Then I hit exturde und enter the distance. The extrude preview shows up correclty. However after pressing OK the extrude seems to inverert. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

pic1.PNGpic2.PNGpic3.PNG

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
rishivadher
in reply to: sinuswave

Hi sinuswave

try to "trim" on the sketch the line that is identify on the picture

medium

Best

Message 3 of 15
sinuswave
in reply to: rishivadher

Hi rishivadher.

the trim would affect the bow from the sketch underneath. I trimmed the bow, unfortunatly nothing changed. Also I have been unable to trim the outer ring. I just created a link to the model if you want to try it yourself.

Thanx,

sinuswave

Message 4 of 15
joezisa
in reply to: rishivadher

Ok I saw your problem and its kind of wierd but I got through it. What I did was turn some of the lines (like the outside circle, the bottom inside semi-circle, and all unecissary lines for this extrusion) to construction lines. Let me know if you neeed more detail but that should work. By the way the easyest way to turn lines into construction lines is to select it and hit x. 

hope that helps

Message 5 of 15
sinuswave
in reply to: joezisa

Hi joezisa,

it worked, thanks a lot. Do you think this worth a bug report?

Best

Message 6 of 15
joezisa

Your welcome.

I would report it. It couldn't hurt.

Message 7 of 15
jeff_strater
in reply to: joezisa

It does seem like this is a bug.  What I see happening is the wrong area of the sketch is extruded, but in the correct direction:

extrude bug.png

But, when I downloaded your model, you had already fixed it, so I could not reproduce the problem.  If you can export an older version that does show the problem, we'd be very interested in it, because we need to see what's going on with it, so we can fix it.

Here's what I see when I roll back past the successful extrude and try to re-create it:

thanks for reporting this,

Jeff Strater (Fusion development)

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 8 of 15
sinuswave
in reply to: jeff_strater

Hi jeff.strater,

I just reverted the model to the old version. So the link reflects the wrong extrusion again.

Best

Message 9 of 15
jeff_strater

Awesome!  Thanks for reverting the model.  I can reproduce the bug.  I'll file it and notify people about the problem.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 10 of 15
nkloski

Hi @jeff_strater did this ever get solved?  I am seeing the very same thing happen.  In this case, three sides of the profile are sketched, and the fourth is a projected intersection from the body.  NOTE: If I break the link and make the projected intersection as normal sketch curve, then it works...but then the original body cannot be changed without breaking things, which is less than ideal.

See the screencapture: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/3da0392d-ab44-42c2-aad0-458175a903ef

Nick Kloski
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 11 of 15
jeff_strater
in reply to: nkloski

Hi @nkloski,

Yes, the original bug you reported did get fixed, way back in April.  For my own reference, just in case it comes up again, the bug number is FUS-23598.  I tested it just now, and with that model, it does work.

But, your screencast is definitely wrong as well.  If you'd be willing to share that one, I'd be interested to take a look and see what is the difference with this and the earlier problem.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 12 of 15
nkloski

Well gosh darn...I tried this at home and it worked...I have no idea why it didn't do that before, maybe just invoking the name/number of the bug caused mine to get scared away.  If it happens again, I will freeze the issue and send it to you via PM.  Thanks!  (and I think I just gave you your 1000th Kudo, so happy Thanks-giving, literally!  🙂

Nick Kloski
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 13 of 15
jeff_strater

Thanks for that 1000th kudo!  I have no doubt that the problem exists (I saw the video...), so if you ever stumble across it again, let me know.

Jeff

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 14 of 15
nkloski

Ah, actually this problem did come up again.  I will PM you the file, since it is an NDA work, and I cannot post it for public download.

Nick Kloski

EESignature

Message 15 of 15
jeff_strater

thanks, @nkloski, I'll look into that case.

Jeff

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report