Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Circular dependency found

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
patrik-web
736 Views, 2 Replies

Error: Circular dependency found

I've started getting these errors in my design lately. Sometimes they happen when I update a linked component, sometimes they happen when I try to rearrange the timeline. When they happen, most components just disappear. What causes these errors and how can I track down what's responsible. "More Info" doesn't say anything beyond the same error message. Usually the error references something like "from <joint> to PositionX", but when I manage to find the joint it seems completely unrelated to the operation I attempted to do. It's quite frustrating to get these because there's no way to figure out what's wrong, so any tips would be helpful.

If anyone wants to take a look at the design, let me know and I'll send you a link.

Thanks,

/Patrik J.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeff_strater
in reply to: patrik-web

yes, please.  If you can send a link in a Private Message to me, or add me to your project (jeff.strater@autodesk.com), we will take a look at it

Jeff Strater (Fusion development)

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 3
zhanganchun
in reply to: patrik-web

Hi Patrik,

Thank you for your model. We have fixed the circular dependency issue in your model, and the fix will be included in next Fusion release. This issue is revealed by reordering in Timeline. So if you still have this issue, as a workaround currently, could you reorder the Timeline node "Component Insert Fuel injector boss ..." (near the warning sketch as the attached image shows) 10 steps before to see if that works? Thanks!

reorder.jpg

Terry

Software Engineer - Fusion 360

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report