Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did the Fusion 360 free noncommercial enthusiast option just go away?

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
sprior913
13257 Views, 12 Replies

Did the Fusion 360 free noncommercial enthusiast option just go away?

I have spent a lot of time learning Fusion 360 because a free noncommercial enthusiast license was available (which fits my situation perfectly) and was assured that option would remain so, but over the weekend I recommended Fusion 360 to someone else and can't find that free enthusiast option anymore.  Is it hiding somewhere?  Has that gone away?  Will I be able to renew my free license as promised?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
rekom23
in reply to: sprior913

Read your post and started to stress too, i just read the pricing page and the enthusiast option doesn't exist anymore : http://fusion360.autodesk.com/pricing

Educational and startups, no more enthusiast.

Message 3 of 13
sprior913
in reply to: rekom23

Interesting that if you click on the "Do I qualify for free use?" link on the right it still mentions noncommercial personal use as if it were related to being a startup.  The mention of enthusiast is gone.  At this point I want an official response that it will continue for me to continue recommending and  investing time learning Fusion 360.

Message 4 of 13
schneik-adsk

Rest assured we are committed to personal usage. We simple changed the name of the free option to be more clear (so we thought) to users.

I copied this from the details of the Fusion 360 pricing page:

"Are you a startup (a product not yet commercially available) or planning to use Fusion 360 for personal use?

If Yes, you qualify as a Startup.

If you selected the startup entitlement, you will have personal use of Autodesk® Fusion 360™ for one (1) year. You will be notified at the end of your entitlement term via email or via a notice to your account. At the end of one (1) year, you will have the option to re-select the startup entitlement of transition to a commercial entitlement."

As Fusion has matured, we hear more and more about products users designed and now think might be great product to bring to market. By changing the name to "Start up" we were trying to be more clear that we want and encourage users to make the jump from maker to entrepreneur. 

Kevin Schneider
Message 5 of 13
sprior913
in reply to: schneik-adsk

Gotta disagree that start up is more clear, the person I just recommended Fusion 360 to saw this page and still didn't find the free for noncommercial personal use I had told her about.  A start up certainly implies the intent to become commercial use so it leads in the opposite direction.

Message 6 of 13

I found that option and selected 'Get It' from there but ended up with a 30 day trial...

Message 7 of 13
Oceanconcepts

I have to agree that the phrase “start up” has a specific meaning to most people: a commercial endeavor that is, um, just getting started.  This is not the same as personal use or enthusiast.  I hope Fusion will attract users in the personal use space- an amateur furniture builder, boat builder, hobby machinist, and lots of other folks who noodle around with various projects and would not call themselves a “start up”.  A larger group of users is all to the benefit of those of us who are commercial users. I believe that is the intent, but the terminology is unclear.

- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

Message 8 of 13
tmp101
in reply to: schneik-adsk

still do not see the option for startups or personal use in purchasing are any other link.

can you clarify it , where to go, and how to enable.

thanks

Message 9 of 13
sprior913
in reply to: tmp101

Go here:

http://fusion360.autodesk.com/pricing

And click on the "do I quality for free use" link on the right side.

Message 10 of 13
rodney_palmer

The reply from Kevin Schneider is a little ambiguous

"At the end of one (1) year, you will have the option to re-select the startup entitlement of transition to a commercial entitlement."

Should this read "the option to reselect the the startup entitlement OR transition to a commercial entitlement" which would be logical if the intention is to retain the startup option?

Clarification would be welcome.

Message 11 of 13

Also, the "do I qualify" link referenced in the previous post is no longer there.

I'm not in a startup, I'm just using it for my own, personal stuff.

Startup != Non-commercial use and the free non-commercial use should be explicitly mentioned, in my opinion.

Thanks,
S

Message 12 of 13
wongam
in reply to: steve.steiner

Hi steve.steiner,

If you're a hobbyist using Fusion 360 for non-commercial purposes, you can check this Fusion 360 Enthusiast licenses information page. Hope this helps.

AmandaWong

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 13 of 13
wongam
in reply to: steve.steiner

Hi @steve.steiner,

Just follow up. Do you have more questions or anything else we can help you with?

AmandaWong

Autodesk Customer Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report