Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a Rigid Group: Udemy Section 3 Lecture 14

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
john.pahl
529 Views, 2 Replies

Create a Rigid Group: Udemy Section 3 Lecture 14

I'm working my way through the Fusion 360 course at Udemy.com

Here is the file I'm given to work with.

http://a360.co/2aSfv9w

I can create a rigid group as shown in the Udemy video, but when I go to edit the rigid group as shown to me in the Udemy video it seems as if Fusion 360 does not save my edits. Not sure if it's something with the file I have been given to work with or I'm simply not doing something correctly.

As shown in my screencast I create the rigid group and it works. Next I go to edit the rigid group. The edit box shows I have 7 components selected. I deselect one component and the edit box reflect that as it now shows six components selected. I click save and then move my work around only to see that all seven components still seem to be in the rigid group. Not sure why my rigid group does not only contain 6 components after I saved my edit. 

Thanks for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeff_strater
in reply to: john.pahl

yes, that definitely looks like a bug to me.  Thank you for reporting it, we will investigate a fix for this.

[edit]  Filed as bug FUS-26713

Jeff

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 3
john.pahl
in reply to: jeff_strater

Good to know it's not me. 🙂

The problem with editing a rigid group also only seems to happen when you try to deselect a component and save your work.

Seems I can edit a rigid group and add another component then click ok to save and it works just fine.

But once a component has been added to a rigid group it seems it can never be removed.

Being so new to Fusion 360 yet I thought for sure it had to be something I was dong wrong. 

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report