Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change line fillet in 3D sketch

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jageffen
910 Views, 3 Replies

Change line fillet in 3D sketch

Again, as the title reads: Is it possible to change the fillet of two lines in a 3D sketch in retrospect? Of course, the best would be if I could drive the fillet by a user parameter, but I have tried and this does not work unfortunately...

Many thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
promm
in reply to: jageffen

@jageffen,

At this time, you are not able to create dimensions for a 3D sketch.  My suggestion would be to create dimensioned points with other sketches first and then create a 3D sketch using those points so that you can go back and edit the dimensions on the points.

Cheers,

Mike Prom

Message 3 of 4
jageffen
in reply to: promm

Hi Mike,

thanks for your reply! I do have my 3D sketch driven by dimensioned points. That isn't the problem. It's the fillet that I then apply to the lines. I can't edit it after I have created it. Of course a fillet can only be done on two lines which lie in a plane, so technically I could be filleting lines on a 2D sketch, but that's not the point of a 3D sketch, of course.

Thanks a bunch. I hope this will get fixed in one of the next updates.
Jonathan
Message 4 of 4
Scoox
in reply to: jageffen

Same roadblock here. I'm trying to model a bicycle handlebar which has an upsweep and a backsweep, so I'm using 3D sketches to do that. The last step is to use the Loft tool to create a butted pipe. Now, I need the bends in the handlebar to be smooth so I first need to add a couple of fillets in the sketch so the loft bends smoothly, but one of the fillets is not on any of the sketch planes, but rather in 3D space, as shown below, and there's no way to edit the dimension (in fact it doesn't even show up anywhere in the Parameters window):

2018-03-03-145306 Handlebars.png

Are there any new plans to address this limitation? Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report