Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Edit Sculpt Feature

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
1296 Views, 10 Replies

Cannot Edit Sculpt Feature

Hello,

I'm having an issue where I cannot find the 'edit' option for a few Sculpt features in my timeline: 

FusionNoEdit.PNG

However, I am still able to edit other sculpt features earlier in the feature tree:

FusionEdit.PNG

Does anyone know what might be causing these sculpt features to be behaving differently? The only difference I can think of is that the sculpt features that are not allowing me to edit them are both in a component that I created within the document, but I don't know why that would affect them...

I would like to be able to edit the Tspline bodies in each of the features.

Thank you!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
TrippyLighting
in reply to: Anonymous

While that is hard to judge without having access to the model, I woud try to fix the error that is highlighted in red in your timeline and see if that improves the situation. Sometimes it does, sometimes it does not.

In this case the T-Spline that can be eited is in time before the red icon and the one that cannot be edited is in time after ther reg icon.

Peter Doering
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: TrippyLighting

Thanks for reply!

I just tried deleting the failed feature, but nothing changed.

I am able to edit all of sculpt features that appear after the failed feature that are not under pink bars (in the component I created)...

Message 4 of 11
TrippyLighting

Interesting. The pink bars mean that those features belong to one component. Could you share your model ?

Peter Doering
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: TrippyLighting

I figured it out! Tho maybe it is a bug? In our office we can't figure out why this is happening.

The sculpt features within the component that I created were not editable until I deleted the 'Copy/Paste' feature that created another instance of the component. Once that feature was deleted, I was given the option to edit the sculpt feature.

Deleted this feature:

fusionresolve.PNG

which allowed me to edit the two sculpt features in pink component:

Fusionresolve2.PNG

Anybody got any ideas as to why this is happening? Ideally, I would be able to edit these sculpt features and the changes would propagate to all instances of the component.

Thanks

Message 6 of 11
TrippyLighting

Interesting!

You could try yo pull back the timeline marker right after the point in time of creation of the originating skulpt feature and see if that would allow you to edit it.

Peter Doering
Message 7 of 11
mark2t

I have just had the same thing happen; activated a component and started to create a sculpt feature; finished the sculpt thinking I was going to come back to it, but now can't get into it to edit it. This has got to be a bug. I don't want to have to delete the other three instances I have of this component in order to redefine this sculpt feature.

I've uploaded a simple example.

Message 8 of 11
jeff_strater
in reply to: mark2t

Whoa...  That does look like a bad bug.  Let me dig around a little.  Thanks for posting the design @mark2t, although I can reproduce it with your instructions quite easily.

More later...

Jeff

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 9 of 11

So bump on this.. Was this ever fixed??? I just had to resculpt a handful of bodies because of this 

Message 10 of 11

Downloading the file provided in from the post above I was able to edit the sculpt, so I'd say if there was a bug, the it's been fixed.

As usual, if you've got specific problems, then create a new thread and post screenshots, screencast and model.

Peter Doering
Message 11 of 11

Eventually after trying over and over again, I had to do a save-as of the sculpted body, then delete it in the assembly, then reintroduce it into the assembly.  Then, I couldn't bridge it with another body for whatever reason, although at least I could edit it now. 

But, the software is still dissallowing any interaction between this body and the others. So I am thinking there is still a bug. 

Then, suddenly it said that the tspline body needed to be updated, I allowed that, then it seemed to work. Still very strange. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report