Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bead or shot blasted stainless appearance

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
dual533
641 Views, 5 Replies

bead or shot blasted stainless appearance

I'm looking for a bead or shot blasted stainless appearance of a surface. Doesn't seem to exist. Is there any place I can download such a appearance?

Thanks a lot

*John*

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TrippyLighting
in reply to: dual533

I am not aware of a location to download one, however, you can duplicate and existing stainless steel material and then use a perlin noise image as a bump map in that duplicated material.

I downloaded this image, created a duplicate of the Stainless Steel materials, remamed it and clicked on the advanced button.

Screen Shot 2016-02-07 at 10.30.01 PM.jpg

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
dual533
in reply to: TrippyLighting

Awesome - thanks a lot for this tip!
Can I save my new material somehow? (I've added it as a favourite - not sure whether this is the way to do it?)
Message 4 of 6
TrippyLighting
in reply to: dual533

Materials should be saved in the cloud to the user's account IMHO but I am not sure if Fusion 360 does this at the moment.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6

It should be but it doesn't.

Phil Procario Jr.
Owner, Laser & CNC Creations

Message 6 of 6
dual533
in reply to: PhilProcarioJr

Confirmed - it doesn't. Workaround: load drawing with new favourite (which is done via cloud of course!) and save new material into favourites 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report