Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D move fubar?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
BeeAmaker
457 Views, 5 Replies

2D move fubar?

Hi! love the new changes to the move function BUT! When moving a square in 2D, I could select Point to Point and then select the center point of the square (or center of a line), and now I can no longer do that. All I can select is a corner point or the end of a line. Did I miss something? Do I need to turn something back on in preferences?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Mike.Grau
in reply to: BeeAmaker

Hi @BeeAmaker,

Thank you for your post in the Forum.

I hav tried to reproduce what you have described but I looks that´s working fine.

Could you may create a Screencast just in case I have missed something.

Thanks,

Message 3 of 6
BeeAmaker
in reply to: Mike.Grau

Ok, I did one that shows with P2P, the center of a square and the midpoints of the sides are no longer selectable.

When making this screen cast I noticed another issue. In the cast you can see I select the object and free hand move it. Then I change movement type to "point to point" and you will see the rectangle snap back to it's previous position. This never use to happen. After a move, the object would stay put allowing me to change movement types and perform another move. Was this change intended?

Message 4 of 6
daniel_lyall

@BeeAmaker wrote:

Ok, I did one that shows with P2P, the center of a square and the midpoints of the sides are no longer selectable.

When making this screen cast I noticed another issue. In the cast you can see I select the object and free hand move it.

Then I change movement type to "point to point" and you will see the rectangle snap back to it's previous position. This never use to happen. After a move, the object would stay put allowing me to change movement types and perform another move. Was this change intended?

That's how it is now they are going to fix it, what you can do is, do the move don't hit ok right click the mouse push up relise the button this starts the move command again and it does not jump back doing it this way.

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 5 of 6
Mike.Grau

Hi @BeeAmaker,

Thank you for sharing the screencast.

I do not remember seeing the midpoint on a rectangle neither the midpoint on the edges have been visible for selection.

I know you may have seen this in Inventor. What I have done in the past to do what you ask for in Fusion 360, is to manually constraint Midpoint´s.

I have created this Screencast here for you:

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Message 6 of 6
BeeAmaker
in reply to: Mike.Grau

Could I have some snap mode turned off or something? This is how I have always placed my object at 0.0, I've been doing it this way since I started using 360. I appreciate your screen cast, but that seems like a lot of effort just to move a 2D object. to a center point.

If I move a 3D body, it still works as I described, just not with the 2D object anymore, it use to. By the way, I have never used inventor.

I guess I'll learn the longer method. Thanks for your Help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report