Design Review

Design Review

CNDrevit01
Message 1 of 3 (540 Views)

Your current version of Design Review does not support files of this type

540 Views, 2 Replies
03-31-2014 07:11 AM

All

I return after a rainy, cold weekend to a DWF file I've been marking up since last Monday. I've been the sole contributor to this file which came out of Revit 2014. When opening the file (which should be attached), I get the error message:

"Your current version of Design Review does not support files of this type "

On the surface, this seems bogus merely because the version of ADR I and everyone in the firm has been using for a year now has been 2013. This, plus a buggy application crash whenever I close the error message and immediately click on the big 'D' (no laughs please). It crashes and brings me to the report error back to the mothership dialogue box which I've done a couple times. Any thoughts? Can anyone else open this apparently combusted DWF? It just seems ridiculous the way it freaked out over the weekend with noone manipulating either the file or versions of any software whatsoever.

Someone nerdier than I, feel free to analyze the attached file to your hearts content and give me a recommendation, if possible. Thanks!

Ace

CNDrevit01
Message 2 of 3 (519 Views)

Re: Your current version of Design Review does not support files of this type

03-31-2014 08:55 AM in reply to: CNDrevit01
An update.

When DR started crashing upon clicking the big D in even non-corrupted files, I decided to repair the install. Didn't work. Did a complete uninstall, re-download, install. It no longer crashes when I click the big D in either the corrupted or non-corrupted files. It does, however, continue to tell me it can't open the marked up set that I was working on just 3 days ago. It's attached to the first post.

I've been submitting crash request forms along the way to what I am assuming are Autodesk purchased robots. No official response yet.

I read some similar threads on here before posting,of course, but I found none presenting case-closed solutions. Are other folks still getting this?
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 3 of 3 (505 Views)

Re: Your current version of Design Review does not support files of this type

03-31-2014 04:36 PM in reply to: CNDrevit01
Crash Reports are read at Autodesk, but you only ever get a response if tehre is aknown legit fix.

A corrupt file can trigger such an error message in ADR: there are no fixes for such files.
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.