Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your current version of Design Review does not support files of this type

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
CNDrevit01
2144 Views, 7 Replies

Your current version of Design Review does not support files of this type

All

I return after a rainy, cold weekend to a DWF file I've been marking up since last Monday. I've been the sole contributor to this file which came out of Revit 2014. When opening the file (which should be attached), I get the error message:

"Your current version of Design Review does not support files of this type "

On the surface, this seems bogus merely because the version of ADR I and everyone in the firm has been using for a year now has been 2013. This, plus a buggy application crash whenever I close the error message and immediately click on the big 'D' (no laughs please). It crashes and brings me to the report error back to the mothership dialogue box which I've done a couple times. Any thoughts? Can anyone else open this apparently combusted DWF? It just seems ridiculous the way it freaked out over the weekend with noone manipulating either the file or versions of any software whatsoever.

Someone nerdier than I, feel free to analyze the attached file to your hearts content and give me a recommendation, if possible. Thanks!

Ace

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
CNDrevit01
in reply to: CNDrevit01

An update.

When DR started crashing upon clicking the big D in even non-corrupted files, I decided to repair the install. Didn't work. Did a complete uninstall, re-download, install. It no longer crashes when I click the big D in either the corrupted or non-corrupted files. It does, however, continue to tell me it can't open the marked up set that I was working on just 3 days ago. It's attached to the first post.

I've been submitting crash request forms along the way to what I am assuming are Autodesk purchased robots. No official response yet.

I read some similar threads on here before posting,of course, but I found none presenting case-closed solutions. Are other folks still getting this?
Message 3 of 8
pendean

Crash Reports are read at Autodesk, but you only ever get a response if tehre is aknown legit fix.

A corrupt file can trigger such an error message in ADR: there are no fixes for such files.
Message 4 of 8
bengee5454
in reply to: pendean

hi,

I dont usually work with dwfs, but I found myself having to open a client's dwf drawing which was sent by email.

I get the same error! 'Your current version of Design Review does not upport files of this type'

Frustrating does not even come close....

Has anyone found out why this is happening?....or better still, a way around this?

I have Design Review 2013.

Thanks, Ben

Message 5 of 8
pendean
in reply to: bengee5454

A corrupt file can trigger such an error message in ADR: there are no fixes for such files.
If you think the file is fine, post it here for review.
Message 6 of 8
SMarsonCrom
in reply to: pendean

I was working in ADR 13 making mark up changes, Saving frequently.  After my last save ADR 13 Crashed and when to open gave the error

"Your current version of Design Review does not support files of this type."

Is there a way to recover this file?

I tried to attach the file and got

The attachment's CorruptFile.dwfX content type (model/vnd.dwfx+xps) does not match its file extension and has been removed.

I copied and renamed the file to 'CorruptFile' after.  I tried uploading the original file and there was no luck there either

Message 7 of 8
pendean
in reply to: SMarsonCrom

ADR is probably damaged too after the crash: but more than likely, your DWF (or DWFx file) is now corrupt beyond repair.
Message 8 of 8
dvanluvender

The same thing happens to me as well, and it did it this morning in major way.

I can be doing markups on a dwf file saving frequently, than will get a save failed message out of the blue.

The file then crashes, and becomes unable to be opened with the message "Design Review does not support files of this type". You know the file is gone because the size of the file is reduced from a few megs to a few KBs.

I have resorted to saving under a different file name every 15 minutes to ensure that only this amount of time is wasted instead of hours.

Luckily we have a IT dept. that does nightly backups, or the review I did yesterday would have been for nothing.

Has any solution been presented on this problem?

It appears the only solution that has been presented this far is to reinstall.

Thanks,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report