Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your current version of Design Review does not support files of this type

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
markm-2011
7781 Views, 17 Replies

Your current version of Design Review does not support files of this type

I was working on a file last week in Design Review 2012.  This week when I try to open the file I get "Your current version of Design Review does not support files of this type" error message.  Any ideas?

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
markm-2011
in reply to: markm-2011

I can't upload the file - it is too large.

Message 3 of 18
markm-2011
Message 4 of 18
jmcadres

Hi Mark,

I'm getting the same error with your file.  Here is what I did though, I renamed a copy of your DWF from plan.dwf to plan.zip, then I opened the zip file.  When I do this, I see some PDF files, some scanned documents, your scanned signature in blue ink, etc.  

What is the origin of this DWF?  Is there any vector data in it at all (from AutoCAD, Revit, etc)?  Or is it just a set of PDFs converted to DWF?

John

Message 5 of 18
markm-2011
in reply to: jmcadres

It was just a pdf converted to a dwf.

Message 6 of 18
jmcadres

It also looks like you had some stamps and markups.  Unfortunately, I can't salvage them.  I'm guessing that the real loss is these stamp & markups......and not the dwf file (since you could just publish your orginal PDFs to DWF again).

I have a 6-page DWF from the PDFs that I found in the zip file (and it opens in Design Review).  If you want it, I can send it to you direct (or post it here) if you want it.

John

Message 7 of 18
markm-2011

Yeah, the mark-ups are what I need.  The stamps are less important, as I can re-afix them fairly quickly.  The mark-ups will take some time to re-create.  Thanks for trying, though.  I appreciate it.

Message 8 of 18
mkaandorp

When opened in Design Review (paste link or download first), I have same Error message for:

http://www.blueicon.nl/cherry/dwfx/z053-3.dwfx

It can also be accessed embedded in internet explorer via: http://www.blueicon.nl/cherry/3dwfx.php

Some machine it works fine and my own is given: "Your current version of Design Review does no supor files of this type".

I have recently uninstall old ADR en installed ADR 2012.
It seems to be that when installed old versions the problem occues. On pc's where the viewer never was installed it works fine via the embedded IE page.

Marco

Message 9 of 18
herbert.he
in reply to: mkaandorp

Hi Marco,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Can you open local DWF/x files correctly?

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 10 of 18
mkaandorp

Yes, local no problem.

Marco

Message 11 of 18
herbert.he
in reply to: mkaandorp

Thank you for your feedback.

To view 3D DWFx files, you will need Autodesk Design Review 2009 or later. More infomation about DWFx format, you can refer to:

http://dwf.blogs.com/beyond_the_paper/2010/02/what-is-dwf-versus-dwfx.html

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 12 of 18
mkaandorp
in reply to: herbert.he

OK, so when installed a earlier version of Design Review, the new ActiveX uses the older already installed version files.

When someone never installed a dwf viewer it's OK, but when someone in the past installed a dwf viewer he has to update this viewer.

Merry christmas everyone.

Marco

Message 13 of 18
nutech12

Ok here we go... I doubt very much there is a 'fix' for this but I'll venture the question that sSOOOO many other end users have ventured.

I marked up a set of dwgs on a project I am working on, using ADR 2013.  I saved it on the server, then my Technologist opened the file and started to implement the revisions in ADR 2013 he did NOT import the file into revit.  He marked up the ADR file as he went along, once he completed the revisions to the Revit 2014 file, and updating the ADR with hilites and comments etc., he then attempted to save the ADR file.  It would save at first, he then saved it as a different file name which worked.  Can I open this file - NO!  Can he... NO!

Please tell me there is a 'fix' out there somewhere.  Autodesk is too big a company to be producing s/w that is flaky!

Thank you.

Message 14 of 18
pendean
in reply to: nutech12

If you are forced to save to another file, that means the software lost access to the first one: network issue with read/write/delete/rename access for that person's Windows credentials. No software on a PC will overcome those restrictions.

So which one are you two trying to open now, the original, or the second save file? And are you sure you are accessing the same one?

ADR development died in the year 2012: it's the year 2015, no one at Autodesk cares much anymore about it. Time to rethink your workflows sooner rather than later.
Message 15 of 18
david.griessmann
in reply to: pendean

We have the same errors on markups created with ADR & posted to a server.

If Autodesk doesn't care then what are they providing/pitching as a solution now for enterprises who adopted their ADR/markup strategy?

Message 16 of 18
pendean
in reply to: david.griessmann

http://www.autodesk.com/dwf is the link you need to answer your questions (aka dwf is dead to them at the moment, they seem to be very excited about PDF).
Message 17 of 18
VZTXWK

Hello, I had the exact same issue, could you please help to try recovering the markups if possible? I tried to do as you mention but it doesn't work. I rename to.zip. the origin of the file was AutoCAD. I have Design review version 2017

Message 18 of 18
pendean
in reply to: VZTXWK

That error message is misleading: what it really means is your file is corrupt and the program can't do much with it.

No one here is Autodesk, we are all end users just like you with the same tools you have.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report