Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URL links do not work exporting from Revit to .dwf

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
hockley91
2857 Views, 14 Replies

URL links do not work exporting from Revit to .dwf

When we open our DWF files, the website information attached to our walls, windows .etc do not work in Design Review.  We can see the http:// link information for the website in Design Review, but when we click on the link, there is no internet connection associated with the text.

Anyone have solutions or ideas?

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
dickyshu
in reply to: hockley91

Hi,

Thank you for your posting.

If your DWF contains a link(mouse over will see " *the link address* click Ctrl + click to follow link" ), you should be able to click it to move to internet connection. But if there is only a web address(without tooltip) on the DWF, you could not click it to follow the link.

Please let us know if this answer your question.

Regards,

-Dicky

Dicky Shu

SQA Engineer

Autodesk Design Review Customer Support

Autodesk

Dicky Shu
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 15
hockley91
in reply to: dickyshu

It does not work.  We add all of our information into our Revit objects.

Once it is exported out to .DWFX, the url shows up and we cannot connect to the link.  We have tried all of the methods recommended, but they do not work.

I even tried to add an HTML command into Revit, and that did not work either.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.  We have clients and consultants who are beginning to utilize the power of Design Review and this feature is critical!

I have attached some images to show you what I am talking about.  Thought it would  be easier than describing it.

Thank You!

Adam

Message 4 of 15
dickyshu

Thank you for those screenshots which help me to understand your quesiton.

I am afraid you cannot click the link to invoke an internet connection. The URL in Revit objects properties did not work as a hyperlink and only show the text, this is current design.

However, your requirement is valuable for us, I will log a wishlist and send to development team to follow up your issue.   

Thanks again for your posting.

Regards,

-Dicky

Dicky Shu

SQA Engineer

Autodesk Design Review Customer Support

Autodesk

Dicky Shu
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 15
hockley91
in reply to: dickyshu

That would be great if the  URL links could be activated.  That is something that needs to be addressed I think.  I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet.    

Hopefully there can be a quick and easy patch to fix something like that.

Thank You,

Adam Hockley

Message 6 of 15
davewillard

Any Updates on This wishlist Item?  Could use it pretty bad right now.  Let me know and Thanks

Message 7 of 15
hockley91

I'm thinking this issue will only get worse as time goes on and more people are using Design Review...

Message 8 of 15
mileswalker9195

I am trying to do the same in RAC2012 and ADR2012. Has this feature been implemented? Thanks Miles

Message 9 of 15
dickyshu
in reply to: mileswalker9195

Thank you all for your feedback on this request.

We are indeed tracking this problem since more and more requirements are posted related to this, hope it can be resolved soon.

Please wait in patience.

Regards,

-Dicky

Dicky Shu
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 15
hockley91

This is an incredibly important feature to get working.  Thank you for looking into it!

Message 11 of 15

Any idea on if this will be implemented in the next release. It is agreed this is a critical need feature.

Message 12 of 15

I'm still waiting also.  This would solve MANY issues for me.  Is it really that difficult to add this in?

Message 13 of 15
p.listo

I would also find this feature really useful. Hopefully it gets implemented soon.

Message 14 of 15
sec-k

Check out IMAGINiT Technologies Utilities for Revit.  The 2012 version contains "DWF Plus" which allows you to click on hyperlinks in DWFs.  It also pushes much more data from Revit to DWF.

Message 15 of 15
hockley91
in reply to: sec-k

So, is this the only software capable of doing the hyperlinking in a DWF?  It's not a bad price though...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report