Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unspecified Error CAdPage::Execute:931

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
241 Views, 9 Replies

We are creating dwf's from ADT 3.3. Most of the time it works fine, but while trying to open certain files with DWF composer or DWF viewer, I get the following message:
The drawings appear to plot OK from ADT, as they preview properly and generate the dwf files. Sometimes I do not get the error, but get a blank page instead

I have attached one of the "problem" files

Any suggestions.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Are Xrefs involved? Can you make sure that they are all ok and non are corrupted? Does Composer shut down as soon as you open the file or after? VJoseph "cornerstone" wrote in message news:31237150.1110839403292.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > We are creating dwf's from ADT 3.3. Most of the time it works fine, but while trying to open certain files with DWF composer or DWF viewer, I get the following message: > Unspecified Error CAdPage::Execute:931 > The drawings appear to plot OK from ADT, as they preview properly and generate the dwf files. Sometimes I do not get the error, but get a blank page instead > > I have attached one of the "problem" files > > Any suggestions.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

The only xref in this particular drawing is the title block. I opened the title block drawing and it appears to be fine.

I unloaded the xref and replotted the drawing with the same result.

When I open the dwf file I get the error message stated above, but the program does not shut down. If I click on a drawing in the navigator, the program generates the following error message:

"DwfViewer has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program."

and then the program closes.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

The attached DWF is an empty and corrupt DWF 5.00 file. Can you tell us and the kind people in the ADT ng what steps you are used to produce this file? Ben "cornerstone" wrote in message news:31237150.1110839403292.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > We are creating dwf's from ADT 3.3. Most of the time it works fine, but > while trying to open certain files with DWF composer or DWF viewer, I get > the following message: > Unspecified Error CAdPage::Execute:931 > The drawings appear to plot OK from ADT, as they preview properly and > generate the dwf files. Sometimes I do not get the error, but get a blank > page instead > > I have attached one of the "problem" files > > Any suggestions.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

We simply plot from the print dialog box; the same procedure we use for plotting any file, wether we plot to the plotter, dwf, or pdf file. We are having this problem only with SOME of the dwf files. We use the default plot to dwf pc3 file, with our standard pen settings.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

You may want to try using the DWF 6 pc3 file. Ben "cornerstone" wrote in message news:8997142.1110912986040.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > We simply plot from the print dialog box; the same procedure we use for > plotting any file, wether we plot to the plotter, dwf, or pdf file. We are > having this problem only with SOME of the dwf files. We use the default > plot to dwf pc3 file, with our standard pen settings.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Where do I get the DWF 6 pc3 file?
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

I am sorry, I did no realize you are using an older version of ADT. The only way that I know of that you can publish DWF 6.0 from your version of ADT would be to use the DWF Writer. You can download that from autodesk.com Ben "cornerstone" wrote in message news:18045360.1110919413169.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Where do I get the DWF 6 pc3 file?
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Thanks Ben!

That seemed to do the trick.

Much appreciated

Bob
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

I had a similar problem here at my job, and i found that eliminating characters in the name really helped. Remove more than 1 "-", all " ' " (foot) marks, and try to reduce the size of the drawing name- even in a temporary folder so that you're not renaming your normal drawing names.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report