Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Units

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1261 Views, 5 Replies

Units

Hi there I was wondering if it´s possible to change the units dysplay in dwf composer. For example, when i use the area tool is displays xxx sq m. Is it possible to change this? Thanks in advance Sérgio
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Sergio,

Yes, you can set both the drawing units and the display units for the dimension tools using the "Units and Scale" dialog box in the Tools menu. Please note that the Drawing Unit determines what one unit of measure in the drawing is equal to (e.g. 1 unit = 1 foot), and the Display Unit determines how measurements will be displayed when you use one of the measurement tools. (For example, if you are working with a DWF with a Drawing Unit set to Feet, you can then change the Display Units to display a 10 foot line as 120 inches, or 3.048 meters, etc.) Please refer to the topic "Units of Measurement and Scale" in the DWF Composer online Help for more information about setting Units and Scale in DWF Composer.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

-- Scott Lillibridge, Autodesk Viewers QA
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Imagine i do this, i create a dimension for an area and i want the unista to display 9,606 m2 and not ~9,606 sq m How can i control this? Thanks Sérgio "SLillibridge (ADSK)" wrote in message news:31949855.1091641549311.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hi Sergio, > > Yes, you can set both the drawing units and the display units for the dimension tools using the "Units and Scale" dialog box in the Tools menu. Please note that the Drawing Unit determines what one unit of measure in the drawing is equal to (e.g. 1 unit = 1 foot), and the Display Unit determines how measurements will be displayed when you use one of the measurement tools. (For example, if you are working with a DWF with a Drawing Unit set to Feet, you can then change the Display Units to display a 10 foot line as 120 inches, or 3.048 meters, etc.) Please refer to the topic "Units of Measurement and Scale" in the DWF Composer online Help for more information about setting Units and Scale in DWF Composer. > > I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any additional questions. > > -- Scott Lillibridge, Autodesk Viewers QA
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Sergio, You cannot get the display output you are requesting for the area dimension tool at this time (that is with the m2 units designation), but we are addressing this problem in a future version; it is definitely on our list of to-do's. Sorry for any inconvenience this is causing, and thanks for letting us know about the problem. Regards, Ben Kopf Autodesk "Sergio" wrote in message news:41121ee3_2@newsprd01... > Imagine i do this, i create a dimension for an area and i want the unista to > display 9,606 m2 and not ~9,606 sq m > How can i control this? > > > Thanks > Sérgio > > > "SLillibridge (ADSK)" wrote in message > news:31949855.1091641549311.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > Hi Sergio, > > > > Yes, you can set both the drawing units and the display units for the > dimension tools using the "Units and Scale" dialog box in the Tools menu. > Please note that the Drawing Unit determines what one unit of measure in the > drawing is equal to (e.g. 1 unit = 1 foot), and the Display Unit determines > how measurements will be displayed when you use one of the measurement > tools. (For example, if you are working with a DWF with a Drawing Unit set > to Feet, you can then change the Display Units to display a 10 foot line as > 120 inches, or 3.048 meters, etc.) Please refer to the topic "Units of > Measurement and Scale" in the DWF Composer online Help for more information > about setting Units and Scale in DWF Composer. > > > > I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any additional questions. > > > > -- Scott Lillibridge, Autodesk Viewers QA > > >
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks for the support That would be great Any predictions on a date? Best regards Sérgio > Hi Sergio, > > You cannot get the display output you are requesting for the area dimension > tool at this time (that is with the m2 units designation), but we are > addressing this problem in a future version; it is definitely on our list of > to-do's. Sorry for any inconvenience this is causing, and thanks for > letting us know about the problem. > > Regards, > Ben Kopf > Autodesk > > "Sergio" wrote in message news:41121ee3_2@newsprd01... > > Imagine i do this, i create a dimension for an area and i want the unista > to > > display 9,606 m2 and not ~9,606 sq m > > How can i control this? > > > > > > Thanks > > Sérgio > > > > > > "SLillibridge (ADSK)" wrote in message > > news:31949855.1091641549311.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > > Hi Sergio, > > > > > > Yes, you can set both the drawing units and the display units for the > > dimension tools using the "Units and Scale" dialog box in the Tools menu. > > Please note that the Drawing Unit determines what one unit of measure in > the > > drawing is equal to (e.g. 1 unit = 1 foot), and the Display Unit > determines > > how measurements will be displayed when you use one of the measurement > > tools. (For example, if you are working with a DWF with a Drawing Unit > set > > to Feet, you can then change the Display Units to display a 10 foot line > as > > 120 inches, or 3.048 meters, etc.) Please refer to the topic "Units of > > Measurement and Scale" in the DWF Composer online Help for more > information > > about setting Units and Scale in DWF Composer. > > > > > > I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any additional questions. > > > > > > -- Scott Lillibridge, Autodesk Viewers QA > > > > > > > >
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Not at this time Sergio - but it is high on the list. (In other words, I'm not at liberty to say or they'll take away my lumbar support.) Ben "Sergio" wrote in message news:4135fc57_2@newsprd01... > Thanks for the support > That would be great > Any predictions on a date? > > > Best regards > > Sérgio > > > > > Hi Sergio, > > > > You cannot get the display output you are requesting for the area > dimension > > tool at this time (that is with the m2 units designation), but we are > > addressing this problem in a future version; it is definitely on our list > of > > to-do's. Sorry for any inconvenience this is causing, and thanks for > > letting us know about the problem. > > > > Regards, > > Ben Kopf > > Autodesk > > > > "Sergio" wrote in message news:41121ee3_2@newsprd01... > > > Imagine i do this, i create a dimension for an area and i want the > unista > > to > > > display 9,606 m2 and not ~9,606 sq m > > > How can i control this? > > > > > > > > > Thanks > > > Sérgio > > > > > > > > > "SLillibridge (ADSK)" wrote in message > > > news:31949855.1091641549311.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > > > Hi Sergio, > > > > > > > > Yes, you can set both the drawing units and the display units for the > > > dimension tools using the "Units and Scale" dialog box in the Tools > menu. > > > Please note that the Drawing Unit determines what one unit of measure in > > the > > > drawing is equal to (e.g. 1 unit = 1 foot), and the Display Unit > > determines > > > how measurements will be displayed when you use one of the measurement > > > tools. (For example, if you are working with a DWF with a Drawing Unit > > set > > > to Feet, you can then change the Display Units to display a 10 foot line > > as > > > 120 inches, or 3.048 meters, etc.) Please refer to the topic "Units of > > > Measurement and Scale" in the DWF Composer online Help for more > > information > > > about setting Units and Scale in DWF Composer. > > > > > > > > I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any additional questions. > > > > > > > > -- Scott Lillibridge, Autodesk Viewers QA > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report