Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to right click Open multiple DWF files.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Don_English
1096 Views, 7 Replies

Unable to right click Open multiple DWF files.

Running Autodesk Design Review 2012 on Win 7 64bit.

If we select multiple DWF files in windows explorer and then right click and select Open, one or more of the files usually fail to open with the error "Your current version of Design Review does not support files of this type."  If you go through and open the files one at a time (even by right click Open) they open just fine.  Each time you try this the files that failed are different.

This happens on multiple machines and sometimes it will actually work, but most of the time it will not.

Is there a fix for this issue? 

Thanks,

Don

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
springai
in reply to: Don_English

Thank you for your feedback.

Could you please provide some test files for me? I cannot reproduce this issue in my side.

-Spring

Spring Ai
Fusion 360
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 8
Don_English
in reply to: springai

Try using a network drive.  I copied the drawings locally and the error was far less frequent, but would still happen.  Most often after getting the error when opening the same files from the network location.  The error happens far more frequently with larger files.  I discovered this when I tried to attach the files I was using and the zip file was to large.  I moved down to smaller files and was able to open them about 50% of time.  Smaller files are @200k, larger files are 725k-1.1mb.

I tried to attach the smaller files I am testing this with but even at just .98mb the site is telling me that the attachment is too large.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 8
Don_English

Hey it finally accepted it!

Message 5 of 8
springai

Thank you for your feedback.

I can reproduce this issue with your files. A defect has been logged in our defect tracking system: ADRPO-892.

Any further problem, please let us know.

-Spring 

Spring Ai
Fusion 360
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 8
Don_English

Does this same defect exist in 2011 or 2010?  I am wondering if I can drop back to an older version to circumvent this issue.

Thanks again!

Message 7 of 8
springai

I tested this issue in ADR 2011 and ADR 2010, it also can be reproduced.

-Spring

Spring Ai
Fusion 360
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 8
dblanchard

Hi,

Well I am Soooo.... Glad that AUTODESK created ADPRO-892 and DID NOTHING With it.

This Problem Still exists. 

O/S:   Window 7 - Pro, 8mb ram, DR 2013

User received New W7 workstation (an Upgrade from old XP(?))  Now he cannot select Multiple DWF from a Windows Explorer window and Open (or Print) them.  He is forced to Open One at a time.  This "Feature" work Fine in XP with the same version of DR and the SAME Files from the SAME location.

THANK-You Autodesk for making my life ......

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report