Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Layers ON/OFF

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
btaylor
281 Views, 3 Replies

Saving Layers ON/OFF

When you save the DWF that you are working on in Composer, why will it not save what layers you have turned on/off in Composer? Every time that I re-open a DWF file in composer, every single layer is turned on, regardless of what layers were turned off/on when it was saved in Composer. Is there a way to save the file so that only certain layers are turned on and the remaining are shown as turned off?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: btaylor

There's no way to persist layer states to the DWF at present. This is a great wishlist item though. "btaylor" wrote in message news:1806145.1086804335210.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > When you save the DWF that you are working on in Composer, why will it not save what layers you have turned on/off in Composer? Every time that I re-open a DWF file in composer, every single layer is turned on, regardless of what layers were turned off/on when it was saved in Composer. Is there a way to save the file so that only certain layers are turned on and the remaining are shown as turned off?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I haven't tried this yet, but you may be able to create a DWF that only shows the visible layers by using the DWF Writer Windows System Printer Driver. Wouldn't that be a way to preserve the layer view?

--Doug
Message 4 of 4
plake04

From my experience that does save the layer state, but in the newly created DWF you will not be able to turn the layers back on if you so chose.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report