Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving current view as a separate file...

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
plake04
257 Views, 5 Replies

Saving current view as a separate file...

Is there any way that once you zoom in on a certain area to save that current view as a separate dwf, similar to printing current view? for some of the purposes we are wanting to use DWF's for this would be an invaluable capability. anyone else out there echo this sentiment or am i alone in this?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: plake04

Download the free DWFWriter print driver from Autodesk and in the DWF Viewer print your window to the DWFWriter. -- Rodney McManamy President CADzation ------------------------- rmcmanamy@cadzation.com ------------------------- 518 South Route 31 Suite 200 McHenry, IL 60050 www.cadzation.com Providing Industrial Strength PDF & DWF Solutions to the Global CAD Marketplace. "plake04" wrote in message news:8622840.1085150322905.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Is there any way that once you zoom in on a certain area to save that current view as a separate dwf, similar to printing current view? for some of the purposes we are wanting to use DWF's for this would be an invaluable capability. anyone else out there echo this sentiment or am i alone in this?
Message 3 of 6
plake04

Thanks, I'll give it a try.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Great suggestion from Rodney! Right now, within a session, we do preserve the zoom level from sheet to sheet, but we don't persist that information.

Could you share your thoughts on how you would use the save to current view to DWF feature if we had it?

Thanks for your input.

--Doug
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

You would essentially have to replot it because the user would have to define a papersize that they want. So it would just be a print to another DWF that you would do. But there could be a use for it if Client A get's the full floorplan layout but say Client B only needs the dimensions for 1 room to determine the furniture layout or something. So rather than Client A sending them everything they zoom in on just what Client B needs and republish a new DWF of the current view. -- Rodney McManamy President CADzation ------------------------- rmcmanamy@cadzation.com ------------------------- 518 South Route 31 Suite 200 McHenry, IL 60050 www.cadzation.com Providing Industrial Strength PDF & DWF Solutions to the Global CAD Marketplace. "Doug Look, Autodesk" wrote in message news:5738637.1086227918402.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Great suggestion from Rodney! Right now, within a session, we do preserve the zoom level from sheet to sheet, but we don't persist that information. > > Could you share your thoughts on how you would use the save to current view to DWF feature if we had it? > > Thanks for your input. > > --Doug
Message 6 of 6
plake04

A rather common use that I have found for publishing DWF's from a DWF is I manage our sketch log for various projects, as well as generate various sketches. We have gotten most of our major consultants to create DWF format drawings for us. I simply use those then to make notes, i.e. bubbles, dimensional changes, i even trace windows with the "continuous line" tool and place them where we want them. I then zoom in on the appropriate view and then save it is a separate DWF. The unfortunate thing in some cases the scale of the writing as you zoom in is huge, even at the smallest font size, or the bubble doesn't really bubble, it just makes a circle, the other unfortunate aspect is I lose the ability to turn layers on and off on the newly created DWF. But overall it has been a great tool for managing the sketch log with clear, more accurate and more professional sketches.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report