Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample Code for comparing .dwfx

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dean0267
887 Views, 2 Replies

Sample Code for comparing .dwfx

Can anybody post some sample codes (C# or VB.NET) including references on how to compare two .dwfx files. please?

I have been searching in this forum and the net but no luck. The Autodesk Design Review API does not provide any sample codes. Sofar I have seen a lot of back and forth discussions, but I would love to see the coding part.

thanks in advance,

Dean

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
herbert.he
in reply to: dean0267

Thank you for your question.

AdCommon.IAdMarkupEditor3_editor = (AdCommon.IAdMarkupEditor3)axCExpressViewerControl1.MarkupEditor; 

AdCommon.IAdComparator_comparator = (AdCommon.IAdComparator)_editor.Comparator; 

try

{

_comparator.Compare(firstFile, sectionOfFirstFile, sectionFile, sectionOfSecondFile); 

AdCommon.eCompareResultStatus status = (AdCommon.eCompareResultStatus)_comparator.CompareResultStatus;

// eCompareResultStatus:

//   0: The two section have same contents

//   1: The two section have different contents

//   2: The two section are not comparable, they have different size or unit.

//   3: Comparion fails

AdCommon.IAdCollection resultObjects = _comparator.CompareResultObjects as AdCommon.IAdCollection; 

foreach (AdCommon.IAdMarkup resultObject in resultObjects)

{

// deal with compare results.

}

}

You can also refer to this post for another sample.

Please reply back if you have further questions.

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
sundaram1087
in reply to: herbert.he

Hi Herbert

I am trying to compere the two sheets in Autodesk Design Review using API . Am using the same code as mentioned in vb.net but am getting the some error on that

Could you please help on this

Please find my source code 

sundaram1087_0-1605531088694.png

sundaram1087_2-1605531123593.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report