Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RomanD font segmented

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bigdrummy47
1464 Views, 3 Replies

RomanD font segmented

Is there any way for me to fix the RomanD font (AutoCAD 2013) to replace the segments that make up the "curves" in the letters with actual curves?  Or has someone already done this and made it available?  I did find a version of Simplex.shx that was amended this way.  The included image shows them side by side.  I would be interested in finding other fonts as well.  I'm using 3/16" RomanD in my drawings, and it does not look good.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.S.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: bigdrummy47

It would appear you are ready for TTF fonts instead of the clasiic stick-figured SHX fonts: what's holding you back?

Message 3 of 4
bigdrummy47
in reply to: pendean

I tried downloading a RomanD TTF file.  It looks exactly like the SHX file.  Am I doing something wrong?

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: bigdrummy47

No, I meant get away from these stick fonts from Autodesk altogether, use real TTF fonts like you use in your professional letters and correspondence (ARIAL etc.).

TTFs of SHX fonts are identical and amateurish, they only exist because AutoCAD's MTEXT can't display SHX correctly, they are not cleaner or smoother.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report