Design Review

Contributor
mabe2k11
Message 1 of 3 (1,081 Views)

Ribbons in IE

1081 Views, 2 Replies
01-24-2011 12:33 AM

If I click at a link on a web page, to open a DWF file embedded in Internet Explorer, everything works fine.
But If I repeat this a few times, in the same IE session, the ribbons disappear.

We’ve having this problem since Design Review 2010. This means this issue exists for about two years.

Isn't Autodesk interested in fixing this problem?

Employee
whtank
Message 2 of 3 (994 Views)

Re: Ribbons in IE

02-10-2011 11:31 PM in reply to: mabe2k11

Thank you for your question.

This is a known issue. Ribbon is implemented with WPF and the later can only work in the main thread of a process. That is why sometimes ribbon cannot be shown.

There is a workaround to resolve this issue at present. IE8 supplied a method to control whether each tab takes over a process through system registry key ‘TabProcGrowth’ under path HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main. You can refer to this MSDN blog to update your registry to show ribbon as you hope.

Please let me know if this can be of help.

Tank
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD-CPG
Autodesk, Inc.

ofinext
Message 3 of 3 (669 Views)

Re: Ribbons in IE

10-05-2012 03:44 PM in reply to: whtank

Hello Tank

i need to solve this problem. Has this issue been solved by autodesk?

Thanks in advance

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!