Design Review

Design Review

Distinguished Contributor
noahma
Message 1 of 16 (1,879 Views)

"There was a problem displaying the file"

1879 Views, 15 Replies
05-17-2009 12:37 AM
Whenever I export one of my models from Autocad Architecture 2009, I get this error message, and then cannot see any of said model. "There was a problem displaying the file" This happens with EVERY 3d model export. 2d plots just fine though. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Employee
SilviaCao
Message 2 of 16 (1,879 Views)

Re: "There was a problem displaying the file"

06-18-2009 12:48 AM in reply to: noahma
Thank you for your question.

Please download the latest Autodesk Design Reviewer 2010 and test again, i don't see this error dialog when I export a model from Autocad Architecture 2009.

If the issue still exists, please upload your test files (the original Autocad file, the exported 3d model DWF/DWFx file, and more descriptions about the procession you export the 3d model) here and post back with the link for me to investigate.

Silvia

Silvia Cao
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
noahma
Message 3 of 16 (1,879 Views)

06-26-2009 03:29 PM in reply to: noahma
Thank you for the reply, sorry it took me a while to respond. I do have the newest version of Design Review installed.
the problem is not contained to only one project, it goes with really any project. I can export a simple single mass element into a DWFX file and successfully open it for viewing, but anything more than that and I get the error "there was a problem displaying the file" my project files are simply too big to upload. But I can give you a good description of how I am creating them. I have all of my project files using Autocad Architecture xref'd into a view file. I then type in Export and choose the DWFx extension, and press save. I have tried to bind the xref's and I get the same error result. I have tred this usin Autocad Architecture 2008-2009-2010.

All with the same results.

It seems to stem from the projects created under 2009

(Before pressing the post button, I attempted to upload a DWF and DWG file that was having problems, I reduced them to the smallest file size I could possably do, and it would not allow me to upload them due to size [
Employee
SilviaCao
Message 4 of 16 (1,879 Views)

07-08-2009 08:23 PM in reply to: noahma
Thank you for your persistence and patience.

Maybe you could please try to separate the DWG and DWF files into a few smaller individual zip files and then try to upload them again?

Silvia

Silvia Cao
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Active Contributor
wouterbleumink
Message 5 of 16 (1,879 Views)

08-19-2009 03:28 AM in reply to: noahma
Hi,

I am having the same problem. I think it is related to the render materials used in the model. I allready tried to disable any 'procedural mappings' used in the material's but to no effect.

when i change my display-representation to anything other then 'Bouwkundig VIZ', i have no problem creating a 3DDWF

i attached 2 files for you to test

thanx in advance
Active Contributor
wouterbleumink
Message 6 of 16 (1,879 Views)

08-19-2009 03:32 AM in reply to: noahma
and the DWG file
Employee
kevin.moore
Message 7 of 16 (1,879 Views)

08-19-2009 03:09 PM in reply to: noahma
Hi,

I verified the DWF file you attached cannot be opened in ADR 2010.

I was able to Publish your DWG file using AutoCAD 2010 SP1 and view the DWF and DWFx files in ADR 2010. However, I did get a warning, "Incompatible or missing plot style.' when publishing the DWF and DWFx files. Also, both of my DWF/DWFx files were smaller.

I suspect either there is a problem with the Page setup for the 2D "Work" layout that might be corrupting the DWF file.

Experiments:

3D model only - 3DDWF command.
1. Open the DWG file. 2. Select the Model tab. Enter "3DDWF". This will publish a 3D DWF file.

3D model only - Publish, delete the Layout tab in the Publish dialog.
1. Open the DWG file. 2. Enter Publish. Select the Work layout, right click, delete. Publish.

3D model only - Publish, delete the layout tab in the DWG file. (Do not save! or test with a copy.)
1. Open the DWG file. Right click on the "Work" layout tab and delete it. Publish.

I would like to figure out if the 2D layout is causing problems or if there is a problem with 3D publishing.

Please let us know if you can create a 3D DWF file.

Thank you,

Kevin

Kevin Moore
Test Development
AutoCAD
Autodesk, Inc.

noahma
Message 8 of 16 (1,879 Views)

08-19-2009 09:50 PM in reply to: noahma
1. problem displaying files.

2. same, problem displaying file.

3. same, problem displaying the file.

I have no idea what is causing this.

If I create the project for Autocad Architecture in Autocad Architecture 2008, it has no problem creating the DWFX, it only happens when I create a project in 2009, then attempt to create a DWFX file out of that project.

Thank you for the replys. I am glad I am not going crazy, and others may be having the same problems as I am.
Active Contributor
wouterbleumink
Message 9 of 16 (1,879 Views)

08-19-2009 11:02 PM in reply to: noahma
I am sorry, i did not mention that i was trying to create a 3D DWF only.

The attached DWF was created using the 3DDWF command from ACA2009

I tried the same method in ACA2010, but it has the same result.

I think it has something to do with the materials used. When i switch display configuration's to anything but 'Bouwkundig VIZ' i have no problem creating a 3DDWF

I will try the other 2 options you mentioned and report back to you

TIA

Wouter
Active Contributor
wouterbleumink
Message 10 of 16 (1,879 Views)

08-20-2009 12:19 AM in reply to: noahma
Alas,

the other 2 methodes you mentioned did not work either.

The problem is restricted to the 'Bouwkundig VIZ' display configuration in the DWG. I normally use this representation for e.g. creating artist impressions.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!