Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing issues with 2010 version

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
chippiechip22
355 Views, 3 Replies

Printing issues with 2010 version

I can't get any of the print options to work. Once I choose print the Print Option box appears for a couple of seconds and then the whole AutoDesk program closes and nothing prints.

I was previously using 2008 version, so I removed it from my computer and installed 2010 from scratch. A co-worker of mine had this same problem when upgrading to 2009 so we never upgraded and we have continued to use 2008 for a couple of years.

Now that I have played around with some of the new functions in 2010, I would hate to have to revert back to 2008 just so I can print.

I have tried both Hotfix and Hotfix2 but that didn't help my printing issue.

Please help I need to print!
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Has anyone else had this problem?
Message 3 of 4
wube
in reply to: chippiechip22

Thank you for your question.

I would like to suggest two actions for you.
Firstly, you can try setting the default printer to a different printer and try to print again. Perhaps the problem is printer related.

Please follow these steps to set the default printer:
1. Open the windows start menu
2. Click "Printers and Faxes"
3. Select a new printer and right click.
4. Click "Set as Default printer"
5. Open Design Review and print again.

Secondly, if this above solution cannot work correctly then I would like to investigate this problem more deeply.

Usually, if the program crashes as you describe then an error report dialog should pop up before the application closes?

If you find this pop up window then please fill your e-mail address in the dialog and send the report to us.

Also, please be sure to post back with your e-mail address so that we can find your error report to investigate the problem.

Please let me know if this suggestion is helpful and please reply back with your results.

Ben Wu

Ben Wu
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 4

I was having the same exact problem using Design Review 2012.  Changing to a different default printer fixed the problem, as long as I keep that printer as the default, but its on a different floor and thats not very practical.  Whenever I change back to the original printer, Design Review crashes when I try to print. 

Both printers are Ricoh Aficio's.  The one that works is a MP 4501, while the one that doesn't work is a MP 5001.  Both are new, and are both working for everything else.  Also, other people seem to be able to print to the MP 5001 from Design Review fine.  Is there a setting that I can change??

Brian Davidson

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report