Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printing issues and importing .png

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tealmuppet
355 Views, 1 Reply

printing issues and importing .png

Hello,

I'm currently having two issues with ADR2010 and hope that someone out there will have a solution or two.

1. When printing on our large format plotter (Designjet 4000), most (but not all) text is relocated 6-10 inches to the right on the page. This happens with mtext, as well as attributes. Anyone know why this his happening, or how I can avoid it?

2. I'd like to insert a .png file into an existing dwf layout to be used as an icon, and I need to keep the background transparent. I've tried creating a block in autocad and publishing to dwf to be imported as a symbol...but it does not keep the transparency. I've been able to open up the .png in ADR, but only as a separate file/layout. Any ideas?

Thank you for your time,
Jessie
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
wube
in reply to: tealmuppet

Hi Jessie,

Thank you for your questions.

For question 1, Could you test your files with virtual printer (such as PDF printer)?

Also, could you please upload an example of such a file here and post back with the link for me to investigate?

For question 2, you can import a PNG file as symbol.

Step1. Open a PNG file with DR (Design Review) and save as a DWF file.

Setp2. Open an existing DWF which you want to insert the PNG file. On the Markup panel, click the "Symbols" button and select "Create Catalog". Select the PNG file you just saved. In the popup dialog, select "Import each sheet as symbol". A message dialog will pop up and tell you the symbol has been created successfully.

Step3. Click the ‘Symbols' button again and select the symbol you just created. Move your mouse to the position you want and click. You will see your PNG file has been inserted into the existing DWF file.

Step4. Select the "select tool", zoom in/out the symbol and put it in suitable place as you want.

Please let me know if you have any follow-on questions.

Ben Wu
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report