Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing 11 x 17

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
mrjason4
10010 Views, 7 Replies

Printing 11 x 17

Can someone help me print an 11 x 17 drawing?  I was fine in 2011, but I downloaded the 2012 update.  Now, when I tell it to print 11x17, it prints in the top left corner of paper (5.5 x 8.5)  I have tried all of the settings.

When I select the ledger paper, the preview window show 11 x 17 and the drawing looks perfect.  They are 1/2 scale, so it has a scale of 48%, which is fine, but it won't print on the full sheet.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: mrjason4

I just tried it and it seems to work fine: two tests here, see screenshots of the pop-up, see if anything looks different or if another setting was missed on my end.

Message 3 of 8
Cadguru42

I have been having the same problem, but it only happens when I open a PDF up in Design Review 2012.  I have a 34" x 22 ANSI D size drawing that I want shrunk 50% to fit 17" x 11".  The preview looks perfect, but the result is almost always a portrait size 11" x 17" with the drawing scaled to fit.  The landscape / portrait settng in Design Review is linked to the printer driver one, so I can't change one and have the other different, in case someone was going to mention that.

I have attached a screenshot of the print dialog box and the resultant PDF.  This happens on everyone's computer that has ADR 2012 installed, but doesn't happen on those with 2011.  What is going on?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that it doesn't matter which printer is selected, this happens all the time.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 4 of 8
pendean
in reply to: Cadguru42

>>>... when I open a PDF up in Design Review 2012...<<<

Is there a reason you don't wish to use a more standard and established PDF viewer? Just curious, I find ADR lacking in many respects for anything other than DWFs.

>>>...The preview looks perfect...<<<

See attached screenshot, this resized and printed as the preview shows: are your settings different that I can reproduce your issue (or maybe I need to change a setting)?

Message 5 of 8
Cadguru42
in reply to: pendean

Acrobat is a horrible program to do markups.  Design Review is perfect for marking up plans and PDFs and it doesn't cost anything compared to Acrobat.

As to the screenshot you showed, did you see mine?  If you do a 50% scale on 11 x 17 see what it does.  If I select fit to page, then it will plot correclty, but it will not be exactly 50% scale.  This happens to any PDF that is opened and converted to a DWFx.  This doesn't happen to a DWF/x created directly from AutoCAD, only DWFs that were created from a PDF.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 6 of 8
wube

Thank you for reporting this issue.

I can reproduce this issue and had logged it on our server.

In fact, you can also follow these steps to print your DWF.

1. Open your system registry editor with command ‘regedit’
  2. Expand ‘HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AppDataLow\Software\Au​todesk\Design Review\Preferences’ or ‘HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Design Review\Preferences’
  3. If there is not a key called ‘PDFImport’ please create it.
  4. Create a DWORD value whose name is ‘PDF Conversion Method’ and set its value as 2.
  5. Close your registry editor.
  6. Open your PDF files with ADR2012
  7. PDF will be converted to DWF as vector; you can print this DWF file by then.

Please let me know if this can help.

Ben Wu
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 8
pendean

Thanks for the process update. Still cannot repeat, but then you are plotting to an Acrobat PDF driver (aka, the terrible everything else) and I am printing to a lser printer. Still works fine here, new screenshot (50% does not fit but you get the idea).

I tried it with my PDF driver of choice, and if you look at screenshot 2 and 3, it seems to work fine. So the issue is your chosen PDF driver.

Yes, my PDF driver is totally free. Yes, ADR2012 was used.

Message 8 of 8
mrjason4

I appreciate the help, but it doesn't help.

I don't have pdf issues.  I get pdf drawings all of the time.  The print fine and error free.

I downloaded dwf files.  They will not print corretly.  I will get the PATURNPIKE to quit using this program, since it can not print correctly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report