Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printed Image is Mirrored

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
365 Views, 4 Replies

Printed Image is Mirrored

Is this a known issue? I have a DWF that was created from inserting a Jpeg with some added markups. The Jpeg is simply a captured table of text. Printing this DWF causes the image to be completely mirrored (to see the text, you must hold the page up against a light source and read "through" the paper). Very Strange. QBZ
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I just noticed that the markups are coming through right-side-up, but, the image (from Jpeg) is both upside-down and mirrored. QBZ "Quinn Zander" wrote in message news:4105fa3f_3@newsprd01... > Is this a known issue? > > I have a DWF that was created from inserting a Jpeg with some added > markups. > > The Jpeg is simply a captured table of text. > > Printing this DWF causes the image to be completely mirrored (to see the > text, you must hold the page up against a light source and read > "through" the paper). > > Very Strange. > > QBZ > > >
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Quinn - I have not heard of this problem before. Can you send your DWF to me and the other DWF Composer developers so that we can investigate this problem? And also tell us: 1. printer model 2. OS thanks, Susan Scott Autodesk Viewers QA "Quinn Zander" wrote in message news:4105fb19_2@newsprd01... > I just noticed that the markups are coming through right-side-up, but, > the image (from Jpeg) is both upside-down and mirrored. > > QBZ > > > "Quinn Zander" wrote in message > news:4105fa3f_3@newsprd01... > > Is this a known issue? > > > > I have a DWF that was created from inserting a Jpeg with some added > > markups. > > > > The Jpeg is simply a captured table of text. > > > > Printing this DWF causes the image to be completely mirrored (to see > the > > text, you must hold the page up against a light source and read > > "through" the paper). > > > > Very Strange. > > > > QBZ > > > > > > > >
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Hi Quinn,

I've been looking into the print issue you reported and so far have not been able to reproduce the image mirroring problem that you are seeing. I don't have access to an HP DeskJet 6122, but I have successfully printed the file to an HP DeskJet 1220C, an HP Business InkJet 2230, and to an HP LaserJet 9000 PCL6 with no problems noted. In all cases I used the default Print settings (Full Page, Letter, Landscape, Best Fit). Is there anything unique about the Printer configuration that you are using? (For example, under Properties for the HP DeskJet 6122, are there any custom features that are turned on? My DeskJet 1220C has a 'Mirror Image' feature that is off by default but which can be configured.)

Thanks in advance for any additional information you can provide.

-- Scott Lillibridge, Autodesk Viewers QA
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Scott, I have also discovered that I do indeed have a "mirror image" checkbox that DOES allow the image DWF to print properly, but it will also print "normal"( Published IDW's from IV) DWF's mirrored. I suppose I could print seperate "image" pages with the mirror function on, then switch it off and print the drawing sheets independantly. I will try printing with several different machines in the next couple of days and see if I find any other mirrored prints. At least it seems to be local to my setup. Without this wonderful (fast/easy) way of collaborating (marking up images-genius functionality by the way!!) I was starting to get the "half-baked" feeling about Composer. I will continue to use this functionality but make sure recipients are aware that if they are lucky enough, they might be able to produce a mirrored print. Thanks for looking into this for me. QBZ "SLillibridge (ADSK)" wrote in message news:14943034.1091560030760.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Hi Quinn, > > I've been looking into the print issue you reported and so far have not been able to reproduce the image mirroring problem that you are seeing. I don't have access to an HP DeskJet 6122, but I have successfully printed the file to an HP DeskJet 1220C, an HP Business InkJet 2230, and to an HP LaserJet 9000 PCL6 with no problems noted. In all cases I used the default Print settings (Full Page, Letter, Landscape, Best Fit). Is there anything unique about the Printer configuration that you are using? (For example, under Properties for the HP DeskJet 6122, are there any custom features that are turned on? My DeskJet 1220C has a 'Mirror Image' feature that is off by default but which can be configured.) > > Thanks in advance for any additional information you can provide. > > -- Scott Lillibridge, Autodesk Viewers QA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report