Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planix Home Designer 3D .hom files

34 REPLIES 34
Message 1 of 35
Anonymous
8832 Views, 34 Replies

Planix Home Designer 3D .hom files

I have hundreds of .hom files created on your Planix HOme Designer which is no longer available.  Is there a way to convert these files so I can see them?

Tags (2)
34 REPLIES 34
Message 21 of 35
fjaJSYS3
in reply to: pendean

Yes, I do. First I renamed the file to .pdf - no luck

Then zipping it and renaming the zip file to .pdf - still error

This time I try with the basement.dxf from this post and renaming my own (fase5a) zip file to .dxf - no luck

And with original basement.pdf not working

Can I send an email to someone?

Message 22 of 35
PlanixUser
in reply to: fjaJSYS3

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 7.06.15 AM.pngYou are seeing this error message when you try to attach a Planix .hom file. Correct?

Try this... zip the Planix .hom file, then attach it (don't rename the .zip file to .pdf).

Message 23 of 35
fjaJSYS3
in reply to: pendean

Zipped

Message 24 of 35
PlanixUser

Converted! Can you read this ok?

Message 25 of 35
fjaJSYS3
in reply to: PlanixUser

Perfect thanks😊

The first version works super.

I have attache the rest, and no hurry i'm just very thankfull it works

Thanks again

Flemming

Message 26 of 35
PlanixUser

Here are the fase110 .dxf files.

Please verify you can read them.

Message 27 of 35
bela.favor
in reply to: Anonymous

Is there a way to convert to work with AutoCad Lt?

Message 28 of 35
bela.favor
in reply to: bela.favor

Is there a way to convert to work with AutoCad Lt?

Speed Test

Message 29 of 35
PlanixUser
in reply to: bela.favor

I am able to convert from Planix .hom format to .dxf format.

As a test, try downloading the .dxf format file (fase5a_DXF.zip) from message 24 and see if you can read it in AutoCad Lt.

If that checks out, we can proceed from there.

Message 30 of 35
dstreid
in reply to: PlanixUser

Hi Planix User,

I have some very old Planix .hom files that I would like to get converted to dxf files and also to pdfs if possible.

I've attached 3 files in a zip folder to see if you can do this.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I did try to buy a more recent version of Planix to install, but I'm running Windows 10 now and it doesn't seem to want to work with that.

Thanks,

Dave S.

Message 31 of 35
pendean
in reply to: dstreid
Message 32 of 35
PlanixUser
in reply to: dstreid

Hi Dave S.,

As requested, please find the Planix .hom files converted to .dxf files. I have included PDFs that are single-page overviews. Let me know if the PDFs do not contain enough detail for your needs.

I'd be interested to know if you manage to get Planix running under Windows 10. 

I am using Planix Home Design Suite 3D 3.00 September 11, 1996 on Windows XP Profesional SP3.

Cheers

Message 33 of 35
Alfredo_Medina

Speaking of Planix, I have a question: was it re-branded, re-used, as another product? 

I remember using Planix years ago, and I liked very much how it worked. Years later when I tried to use it again I could not even install it, not even using Windows' compatibility tools. 

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 34 of 35
pendean
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

@Alfredo_Medina wrote:

Speaking of Planix, I have a question: was it re-branded, re-used, as another product? 

I remember using Planix years ago, and I liked very much how it worked. Years later when I tried to use it again I could not even install it, not even using Windows' compatibility tools. 

Softdesk, creator of Planix, went away because https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/news/press-releases/1997/03/autodesk-softdesk-settle-ftc-charges 

Message 35 of 35
seosebt11

Planix Home Designer is no longer available, converting .hom files may be challenging. Try these options:

1. Contact Support: Reach out to Planix support or community for guidance.

2. Universal Viewer: Attempt to open files with a universal viewer or text editor.

3. Conversion Tools: Look for third-party tools claiming to support Planix file formats.

4. Alternative Software: Explore other home design software that might import Planix files.

5. Online Communities: Check forums for advice from others facing similar issues.

6. Professional Help: Consider seeking help from data recovery experts if files are crucial. Always back up files before attempting conversion to avoid data loss.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report