Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking up Markups after

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
313 Views, 4 Replies

Picking up Markups after

CAD people chime in. How do you use the marked up .dwfs? Do you tab between your working drawing and the marked up .dwf? does that seem clumsy? Do you plot out the dwf and pick up the mark ups?

How does a CAD operator handle a marked up dwf? How does it improve their process? Unless someone has dual monitors, seems like they have to tab back and forth between programs. There has to be a better way.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Why wouldn't you just load the marked up DWF into AutoCAD and see the
markups applied to the original DWG?

wrote in message news:5898129@discussion.autodesk.com...
CAD people chime in. How do you use the marked up .dwfs? Do you tab between
your working drawing and the marked up .dwf? does that seem clumsy? Do you
plot out the dwf and pick up the mark ups?

How does a CAD operator handle a marked up dwf? How does it improve their
process? Unless someone has dual monitors, seems like they have to tab back
and forth between programs. There has to be a better way.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Scott, I have posted on this before.
We can't bring a DWF in and see the mark up.
Many people have a working drawing, then a sheet that xrefs the working drawing.
So tell me, how do you get a marked up sheet (titleblock drawing) into your working model? Most importantly, with the markups showing. Tell me is something has changed?

To answer the posters question, I use ADR and AutoCAD MEP. I am fortunate to have dual monitors. I load the marked up DWF in ADR in one screen and I open the working drawing in MEP in the other screen. As I complete a mark up I select it and use the pulldown to set is as "Done". If there is simple lines added, I change the color to a yeloow (like a highlighter) so I know it is done. In this manner it is just digital paper.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

MBCAD, I didn't even know you could "bring in" a dwf, so until now, we've been using it as digital paper. I'll try though.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

As I understand it, you print a sheet (titleblock, etc), then the sheet can be redlined. Then using the MarkUp Set Manager, you can bring that redline into that sheet. The issue I have is that we never put a titleblock on a working drawing so it is useless in my mind. I would like to see the ability to have the redline come into any drawing I want based on scale and an insertion point of some sort. That way the mark up would be in my model and I could simply draft over the mark up and then delete it once done....my dream...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report