Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF vs. DWF Question

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
protectivecovering
806 Views, 7 Replies

PDF vs. DWF Question

When I work on a DWF file that has been sent to me as a DWF, all my markups and measureing goes quickly and with no problems.  When I download a PDF and import into Design Review the program slows to a crawl and give me "Not Responding" throughout the markup process.  This happens even if I save the imported PDF as a DWF file and open as a DWF.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

ADR is a lousy pdf importer: since Autodesk has chosen to shelf the program back in the year 2012, I suggest you find a dedicated pdf markup program instead.
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for the advice.  Do you or does anyone have suggestions for such program.  I specifically need scaled footages for blueprints.

Message 4 of 8

Cost IS a factor as we are a very small subcontractor.

Message 5 of 8

If it is a core business need, it pays for it self sooner than you think. Look into BlueBeam among others.

If it's a casual doodle need, there are basic free pdf markup tools like FOXIT READER and others may be enough.
Message 6 of 8

I looked up Bluebeam and they have a 30 day trial.  Going to work with it a while berfore I buy.  The price is very reasonalble by the way.  I have already noticed that PDF files don't hang up at all in this program.

Thanks much for your help !!

Message 7 of 8

Go with bluebeam. Once I got that, I stopped using adobe acrobat, pdf architect, and autodesk design review all together.

Message 8 of 8

I agree.  I've used Bluebeam for the last few days on several blueprints and seem to get through them so much faster and easier.

Thanks for the heads up.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report