Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF to DWF conversion results in low quality

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1053 Views, 3 Replies

PDF to DWF conversion results in low quality

Hi

I am using Design Review 2010. Converting PDF files (crisp and clear) results in slightly larger dwf files that have a somewhat blurry look, almost as if scanned. I am also unable to snap to points in the review for markups.

I have tried the DWF writer and unchecked the 'print as image' option in the advanced properties, which results in a crip dwf (as to be expected), but I loose text information.

Any help?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
susan.scott
in reply to: Anonymous

You are encountering a couple of known issues with the PDF --> DWF conversion:

1. You can not snap to the data in the DWF made from a PDF because its a raster file, and not stored as vector data.

2. The resolution can be improved if you change your DPI (dots per inch) before saving it as DWF. The default DPI is 200, but can be changed to an alternate value on the options dialog: Application button > Options > PDF Conversion.
But as you increase the DPI, the size of the resultant DWF will get larger as well.

--Sue
Release Program Manager
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Sue

thanks for the quick reply.

Basically what we are trying to do is save drawings based on Vectorworks on MAC to dwf to be issued to Buzzsaw. As we do not have a Vectorworks version for PC, we went through the process of saving a pdf from Vectorworks to convert to dwf format.

Is there a better way to improve the dwf quality?

Peter
Message 4 of 4
JeffreyKlug

Hi Peter,

You have already found the best ways to improve the PDF->DWF quality. Namely, using DWF Writer to produce a vectorized DWF, and using ADR to save the PDF to a rasterized DWF. Other than tweaking the DPI in ADR for a higher-resolution raster, I don't believe we have any way of producing a higher-quality DWF at present.

Hope that helps.

Jeffrey Klug
Software Architect
Autodesk Design Review

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report