Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening a DWG-File in DesignReview not possible with an AutoCAD LT Installation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
helpdesk
1153 Views, 2 Replies

Opening a DWG-File in DesignReview not possible with an AutoCAD LT Installation

Hello everybody,

I have a really confusing problem, let me explan it step by step:

1. Installation of AutoCAD LT 2013 successfully done

2. Installation of AutoCAD DesignReview 2013 successfully done

3. Now I try to open a DWG File with Design Review 2013, a errors occurs "You need to install TrueView to view DWG-files".

In my opinion, a DesignReview and a AutoCAD LT installation is enough to open DWG-files?

I know that a standalone DesignReview installation needs TrueView, but when TrueView is not installed, it will work with AutoCAD LT...?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
swiftbim
in reply to: helpdesk

You can think of TrueView as a bridge between dwg files and Design Review. As far as I understand, to put it bluntly, you cannot open dwg files in Design Review without TrueView.

Message 3 of 3
pendean
in reply to: helpdesk

>>>...In my opinion, a DesignReview and a AutoCAD LT installation is enough to open DWG-files?...<<<

You have LT2013 installed, why use ADR to open DWG files? You answered your own question so to speak. Just wondering.

>>>...Now I try to open a DWG File with Design Review 2013...<<<
ADR is not designed to open DWG files, all it does is find a default setting (and a program) to convert to DWF first: is that what you want, to randomly and uncontrollably have another program translate a DWG file to a generic DWF file to view? Wouldn't it be better if you deliberately created a DWF file on your own chosing and your own set parameters first? Very atypical and random behavior is being sought here, with no control.

Has LT2013 been used to open DWG files? Is LT2013 the default program to open DWG files on the system?

Answer all questions please.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report