Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open dwg in Review

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
giordandue
1048 Views, 9 Replies

Open dwg in Review

Hi,

I have installed the last version of Autodesk Review (12) and I would open the dwg file by Autocad 10. This does not appear possible, because it call for DWGtrueView. I have observed that in the Option there is not the label for dwg setting, as (I think) in the case that DWGtrueView is installed. However, this is not the case, despite once it was installed and then removed. Do you know how is possible to open a dwg without installing also DWGtrueView? Thank you in advance.

P.S: I have already attempted to reinstall Autodesk Review, but the problem remains..

Ciao

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
dickyshu
in reply to: giordandue

Hi,

Thank you for posting.

The issue you encountered may caused by:

1. We only support open DWG file using AutoCAD 2011 and 2012 in Autodesk Design Review 2012.
  2. If AutoCAD has been installed on 32bit platform, the DWG Settings tab should appear in Options dialog.  I guess you were working on 64bit platform, 64bit AutoCAD is not supported for DWG importing in Design Review, and there will NOT have DWG Settings tab in Options dialog on 64bit platform machine, you have to install DWG Trueview for converting DWG file.

Thanks,

-Dicky

Dicky Shu
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 10
giordandue

Thank you for your answer. I tried to follow your suggestion by installing dwgTrueView, but I encountered another problem: when I launch the program a fatal error message occurs that it requires a video resolution higher than 1280x720. I have 1920x1080 (and the big characters are setted). I have Win7 63bit installed. Thank you again for you support.

Message 4 of 10
dickyshu

I did not meet that error before, are you using DWG Trueview 2012 64bit installer?

You can download it from (make sure to choose 64bit version):

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=9078813

Regards,

-Dicky

Dicky Shu
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 10
giordandue

Yes, I tried both the last versions (12), in the first time the 64bit and then the 32bit as well. With the last one, the error message remains, but it seems possible after some time to open the file, that appears strongly incompleted.

Incidentally, I have read in the discussion groups that a similar error message have been registered by some other users (maybe for different causes?). Any suggestion? Thank you

Message 6 of 10
dickyshu

I cannot reproduce it since we do NOT have test machine with 1920x1080 screen resolution right now.

This is a DWG Trueview installation issue, I will forward the problem to DWG Trueview experts, stay tuned.

Thanks,

-Dicky

Dicky Shu
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 10
giordandue

Hi Dicky,

I remained tuned but no answer from your colleagues trueView experts.. Do you have some possibility of insisting with them a little more? Thank you in advance, Giordano

Message 8 of 10
dickyshu

DWG Trueview expert have not replied to me yet.

Could you please leave an email adress so that I can keep you in that email loop?

Thanks,

-Dicky

Dicky Shu
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 10
giordandue

my e-mail is giordandue@alice.it

Thank you for you help

Giordano

Message 10 of 10
giordandue

I realized that the problem is origined by the setting of character (as I said, given my very high resolution, I have "big character=150%). Removing this setting, the DWGtrueView is launched without message error about the required resolution. However, I suspect that some directX problem occurred (I had the version 11, while trueView install 9runtime), because later it was not more possible to come back to the original setting. In particular, the Notebook changed all the type of characters to a "very basic" format and the ClearType option does solve the problem. Despite I tried to increase the dimension of character to 160 and even 180% the characters remains relatively small and thick. Consequently I restored the PC to the safe point before the DiectX installation and all is now again ok.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report